Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems to have developed over the weekend. Spotted the damp patch under the drivers side front wing behind the wheel. The windscreen washer fluid bottle is in the wing so presumably it’s related to that. Wonderful.

·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
It may not be a problem at all, just condensate from the aircon dripping out which is perfectly normal. I know mine's an earlier model but I often see that and it worried me until I was able to identify it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
So RSQ3 washer bottle is in wing ? Regular Q3s have it in front.
Do you happen to have a panoramic roof?
If not then maybe fill the washer bottle till top and don't use it for few days and see it's still topped up.
I think you can't see the bottle fully anyway.

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
I think the RS in question is an 'Introductory Volume' car in which case virtually none of them had pano roof.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Even I thought so looking at picture.
Usually that location is used for drainage in most cars hence my question.
So RSQ3 washer bottle sits in wing then?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not got a pano roof - possibly thankfully given the issues that seem to go with them.

It is dripping every 15 seconds or so, and it is continuous. The condensate comes more from the centre of the car and doesn’t continue to drip after long periods of inactivity with the car I don’t think.

Annoyingly, due to the washer bottle being within the wing you can’t monitor the levels as other than the filler neck the rest of the bottle is completely concealed from view.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Not got a pano roof - possibly thankfully given the issues that seem to go with them.

It is dripping every 15 seconds or so, and it is continuous. The condensate comes more from the centre of the car and doesn’t continue to drip after long periods of inactivity with the car I don’t think.

Annoyingly, due to the washer bottle being within the wing you can’t monitor the levels as other than the filler neck the rest of the bottle is completely concealed from view.
Yeap fill it to neck and observe is your best option before actually gaining access to the bottle itself.

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
There isn't much spare room in the RS engine bay, washer bottle top on the left side and the battery is under the boot floor centrally positioned in the rear.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just tried booking it in at my closest dealer, Blackburn. 4.5 week wait and that’s without a courtesy car. Farcical!

The lady I spoke to said I could try going through Audi Assist to get it in sooner but unless there is a loss of power it is unlikely they’ll do anything about it.

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
Popularity of the brand is giving some dealers major resource issues I think.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Off the topic John did you get your car back. I hope all is good.

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
It is totally perfect thanks KJ - colour match/shading is spot on, there is no evidence of the new wing and front bumper being fitted anywhere - and its great to have it back, reminded yet again what a cracking car an RSQ3 is to own, still Audi's best kept secret. Washed it on Saturday...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Oh Yes :love: perfect.
Glad everything is 100 percent.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I like your F1 Pit Lane marker at the garage door! 😂

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
The yellow edging strips were on special offer when I ordered the floor tiles David - they do serve a purpose now in that when I can see them on the reversing camera I'm far enough in for the door to close :)

That's Kik flooring, 4 tiles to the square meter and was around £45, got quite expensive, if I do it again (looking for another house now) then I'd look for non-slip ceramic tiles.

Reactions: DavidS

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I’ve got very tired floor paint and can’t be bothered to chuck everything out onto the drive to repaint it. I don't think a car has ever been in the garage.
My motorbike, diy and potting shed workshops in the ex-stables are horse-poo coloured concrete.

·
Registered
204 Posts
It is totally perfect thanks KJ - colour match/shading is spot on, there is no evidence of the new wing and front bumper being fitted anywhere - and its great to have it back, reminded yet again what a cracking car an RSQ3 is to own, still Audi's best kept secret. Washed it on Saturday... View attachment 2842
Glad to see the Daytona Beast is fully resurrected and back where it belongs John 👌🏻

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
Thanks Jason!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts