Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Pictures I took this morning of my wet front mats and what appears to be water streaks coming from Under bonnet pull catch on drivers side and similar place on passenger side. They have been sent to my dealer! Waiting for a call back with details of when i take it back for them to try again. Also a big blob of water on the cill on passenger side. Both drain holes in the scuttle at the back of the engine are clear ( I know that they can ger blocked so kep an eye on them, Waiting for a call back from the litigation solicitor!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi Pictures I took this morning of my wet front mats and what appears to be water streaks coming from Under bonnet pull catch on drivers side and similar place on passenger side. They have been sent to my dealer! Waiting for a call back with details of when i take it back for them to try again. Also a big blob of water on the cill on passenger side. Both drain holes in the scuttle at the back of the engine are clear ( I know that they can ger blocked so kep an eye on them, Waiting for a call back from the litigation solicitor!
View attachment 2479 View attachment 2480 View attachment 2481
Yes that's where water used to come inside in my car.
Apparently it's fixed.
But gmday before yesterday I saw small rubber pad lying in sunroof frame that was probably the modification my dealer did.
I bought loctite glue and plan is to stick it back let's see.
There is no water dripping inside as of yet.
But there was water inside channel where drain holes are.
Previously water was getting accumulated in wind deflector channel which has no drain holes.

Thanks,
Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes that's where water used to come inside in my car.
Apparently it's fixed.
But gmday before yesterday I saw small rubber pad lying in sunroof frame that was probably the modification my dealer did.
I bought loctite glue and plan is to stick it back let's see.
There is no water dripping inside as of yet.
But there was water inside channel where drain holes are.
Previously water was getting accumulated in wind deflector channel which has no drain holes.

Thanks,
Regards,
KJ
Hi KJ

many thanks for the reply

Rgards

Chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
Took car back to dealer yesterday. Master tech being put on it! Booked in for a min of 3 days. I have a brand new Q5 45 TFSI quattro as a loan car with no hire charges! can't miss it as it is White!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hope they sort it out this time.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here goes with my latest update! Got a call from my dealer this afternoon. Surprise Surprise they found water where they needed to so are fitting the sunroof bits ( new wind deflector with extra tabs today!). Want to keep my Q3 Voprsprung until next Friday so they can properly douse it and test it. You were dead right Jalees thanks. Did not answer my question as to why they dio not listen to me and change it when it was first in for 3.5 weeks. Said that there was no water where there needed to be to make the new deflector fix! I don't think they looked very hard but that is my view! Still got the White Q5 45 TFSI quattro for another week. It is a rocket ship! Thanks and anyone else with wet floor mats and water coning down the A pillars tell your dealers that it is the duff wind deflector in the sunroof. That gave rise to the technical bulletin of November last year and is in a PDF earlier in this chain. Thanks to to Gromit.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Fingers crossed 🤞

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
We had water from the opposite direction in our X3. BMW put a connector in the rear wash pipe under the carpet in the tunnel by the gear lever which is apparently a known issue. :rolleyes: The week after I bought the car at about 5 years old, I had to fill the 5 litre washer tank, which made me miffed that they hadn’t filled it before I bought it.
So...10 litres of screenwash under the carpet ensued as, every time I tried to wash the rear window, it pumped water out through the detached joint. It took them 3 weeks to dry the car out but, for a used car dealer, they were brilliant, although my loan car was a Fiesta, not a Q5.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Latest and I hope final update for my Vorsprung Q3. Went to collect it this morning and yes they have fitted the replacement sunroof wind deflector! Apologised and said that when my car went in first there were no water streaks showing how the water came in and they could not make any come in. When I took it back the 2nd time it was wet and streaks were visible as in my earlier post ( Pictures) They got the OK from Audi to fit the wind deflector which I hope is the end of water leaks! WEill need to wait for a rainy fday to find out. They followed the Nov 2020 workshop bulletin. The after sales manager said they had an Elctron with the same problem. Very wet inside so a whole new inside fitted! Thanks to all for following and your interest and very helpful suggestions.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Well done Chris. I hope it is your final visit to sort this problem out.

·
Registered
Audi Q3 45TFSI QUATRO S LINE
5 Posts
Hello everyone,
Yesterday i got the car back from the service. They changed the wind deflector with a new one, new design, added some rubber pads to create a tighter seal and also changed some drain plugs.
I did today a test and there is no leakage. I hope this fix is for long term. I let a hose spraying te car for about ten minutes. Cheers!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Well those rubber pads gonna fall of.
Mine has.
But so far no leak even after one of those has fallen and I can't glue it back as it just keeps on slipping.
Probably when next year car goes in for service I'll mention it.

Thanks.
Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
368 Posts
I like the way you are doing your test :D

·
Super Moderator
6,158 Posts
God news, glad it's sorted out. :)

·