Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Right now I am cash strapped so I am going with the flow due to all this home buying, well you guys know better than me I am learning from you all :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks DanB986 - do you have a service bulletin number for this? I guess some of us would want our local dealers to run our VINs to see if our own vehicles are effected.
My 2019 Q3 Vorsprung is going in on Monday for this exact same fault.
Luckily the Service chap was on the ball and knew of a bulletin that addresses this issue.
They'd had a Q3 with pano roof in the previous week, so he already knew where the water was coming in before I'd explained it.
The modification is adding an extra part, not replacing anything.
The drainage holes aren't getting blocked, it's a routing design issue that's been identified by Audi.

The water gets behind the trim at the top of the car and then runs down the A pillar and comes out where the photo shows. Or, if it's been really wet, where the interior trim on the A pillar joins the roof trim it comes through that joint and soaks your leg when you brake and turn right.
Hi

I have exactly the same problem on the same model. Because the car is parked at a slight angle water collected in the foot well behind front passenger seat. With all this heavy rain it absolutely soaking. Trying to book mine in at the dealer this week . Would you be able to tell me the dealership you use just in case mine have no idea of the problem (which is a possibility as the dealer is a Audi/Mercedes/VW dealership and the Audi section is quite small)?
And this is a very long chance - could you get hold of the bulletin reference, so I could quote it at the dealer just in case I get problems. But any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
373 Posts
It's Group1 automotive, Audi Chingford.
On work sheet it just says wind deflector replaced. There is no mention of bulletin.
But I did verbally explained the service person while handing him the car that there is some bulletin regarding this if you want to look at it.

Thanks.
KJ

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
And this is a very long chance - could you get hold of the bulletin reference, so I could quote it at the dealer just in case I get problems. But any help would be much appreciated
Take a look at Post 28 on this tread - there is a PDF attachment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 Q3 and 1st reported a water leak into the car almost a year ago. The car spent a week in my local dealer in 2020 with no rectification or acceptance of the problem. The latest bout of bad weather resulted in the front foot wells being flooded and ruined carpets. The car is now back at my dealer and Audi has finally recognised a fault. The interior is to be replaced due to water damage under warranty.
Apparently the required parts are on back order and no repair time can be given. The car is held by the dealer until further notice and i have been offered the use of a car in the meantime. My 1st Audi and probably the last.
Hi my is in today but they say Aidi will only clean and dry carpets, they have been under water for 6 weeks and frozen solid for a week, can you give more details your dealership please.

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Washed the RS at the weekend, tell-tale puddle on the drivers side rubbed floor mat - booked in with the dealer next week.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
From all the information my 2020 Q3 should have a problem with the sunroof leaking. I have had no problems with this even after I washed it using a high pressure hose on Saturday. Is this a batch thing? Should I take mine in to be checked even though there isn't a problem?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Washed the RS at the weekend, tell-tale puddle on the drivers side rubbed floor mat - booked in with the dealer next week.
So yesterday I washed my car using pressure washer and specifically I tried my water ingress test and after drying up the car opened the roof to check and there was no water only few drops so looks like it's fixed for me.
Time will tell when it's gonna rain non stop but I am confident that it's fixed.
Good that you have booked in.
Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
373 Posts
From all the information my 2020 Q3 should have a problem with the sunroof leaking. I have had no problems with this even after I washed it using a high pressure hose on Saturday. Is this a batch thing? Should I take mine in to be checked even though there isn't a problem?
All I can say is if yours sunroof inside channels are dry after rain or using pressure washer then you are good no need to do anything.
But make sure when you open sunroof it's dry from outside to check if wind deflector and the normal channel is dry or is fill with water.
That water leaks into foot wells.
Thanks.
Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I have a 2016 q3 with panoramic sunroof - can anyone explain (photo or diagram) where the 4 drains are ? (Have searched this and other forums)
Advice on cleaning myself or paying Audi ?
(No leaks yet but had the issue a few years back on a 9 year old A6 all road)

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Welcome to the club Vodka...great name!

There is a saying, in engineering circles that goes like this "If it ain't broke then don't fix it", to my knowledge there hasn't been a pano roof leak issue on an 8U Q3 in the five years I've been here and having covered north of 100,000 Km in to 8U Q3 with Pano roofs I've never had an issue - only pleasure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the club Vodka...great name!

There is a saying, in engineering circles that goes like this "If it ain't broke then don't fix it", to my knowledge there hasn't been a pano roof leak issue on an 8U Q3 in the five years I've been here and having covered north of 100,000 Km in to 8U Q3 with Pano roofs I've never had an issue - only pleasure.
Thanks John (used my dog’s name as my pseudo - long story)
At my 6 year 90k service Audi wanted to charge a small fortune to maintain (grease) the roof and clean the drains - I declined as (by the way I am an engineer) there are no issues - I greased the roof mechanicals myself and wanted to check the drains
For other audis (I had an issue with an a6 all road) there are posts to check with water and clean using electrical wire or bike brake cables (without sharp ends)
Will sleep on it
Thx
Paul - Vodka

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Hi I have a 2016 q3 with panoramic sunroof - can anyone explain (photo or diagram) where the 4 drains are ? (Have searched this and other forums)
Advice on cleaning myself or paying Audi ?
(No leaks yet but had the issue a few years back on a 9 year old A6 all road)
The drain tubes are located in the 4 corners of the sunroof opening -

Cheers Spike
Q3sunroofdraincleaning.JPG Q3sunroofdrain.JPG

Reactions: RSQ3John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, I bought a 2020 Q3 in December 21, and in Feb I noticed my floor wells were completely soaked! Took it in for service in March and they replaced the wind deflector in the sunroof, but this weekend I noticed there's water building up in the rear passenger footwell. I called my local service department and they can't the vehicle for another 3 weeks. I think after reading all these threads here, and others in the US that I'm going to request to return the vehicle. Shame, I was really excited about it too.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had that issue but it got fixed and uptill now I have washed my car with pressure washer deliberately directing water on pan roof few rainy days , there is not a trace of water at least in the front where deflector sits or even the front channels.
So no point water gonna come in front foot wells.
Not sure about the rear can you please point out where you saw ? Is it inside the boot or near the rear passenger pillars.
I think the drainage system run down the pillars.
I'll keep an eye or maybe check later to find traces.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
373 Posts
Any pictures of it would be helpful.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any pictures of it would be helpful.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ
Unfortunately I did not take any pictures and looking back wish I did. My concern is that any amount of leakage in the footwells, etc can affect the electronics. Point is, it's a new car and it shouldn't have any leaks whatsoever.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Unfortunately I did not take any pictures and looking back wish I did. My concern is that any amount of leakage in the footwells, etc can affect the electronics. Point is, it's a new car and it shouldn't have any leaks whatsoever.
Alright no worries. How about a picture showing location where you found it wet or water in rear passenger side.
Would definitely help me and other members to look at in future.
Yes new car shouldn't have all these problems for me it was the least compared to where I am coming from previously. Jaguar F Pace.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2019 Audi Q3 40 Tdi Vorsprung 190. It went in for a service last Wednesday and I reported condensation on the inside windscreen and back window over the winter. I am still in a loan car and won't be getting mine back until the end of this week, It appears yes a leak in sunroof ( seal they said) which means all sound deadening material on the floor is soaked ( I have had rubber floor mats in since day 1 so had not noticed the floor or carpets were wet). The dealer is stripping everything out to dry it out and repairing the roof. They intimated that the knoew of more and having done a google search it seems a known problem. Looks like a manufacturing defect or design defect or poor parts materials. I have had 3 previous Audis ( 1 a Q3 mk 1) and not had this problem before. Will be demanding assurances tha electrics will be coverd even when out of warranty and I see that in the USA class actions have been taken vs Audi against this falut.

61 - 80 of 122 Posts