Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Right now I am cash strapped so I am going with the flow due to all this home buying, well you guys know better than me I am learning from you all :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks DanB986 - do you have a service bulletin number for this? I guess some of us would want our local dealers to run our VINs to see if our own vehicles are effected.
My 2019 Q3 Vorsprung is going in on Monday for this exact same fault.
Luckily the Service chap was on the ball and knew of a bulletin that addresses this issue.
They'd had a Q3 with pano roof in the previous week, so he already knew where the water was coming in before I'd explained it.
The modification is adding an extra part, not replacing anything.
The drainage holes aren't getting blocked, it's a routing design issue that's been identified by Audi.

The water gets behind the trim at the top of the car and then runs down the A pillar and comes out where the photo shows. Or, if it's been really wet, where the interior trim on the A pillar joins the roof trim it comes through that joint and soaks your leg when you brake and turn right.
Hi

I have exactly the same problem on the same model. Because the car is parked at a slight angle water collected in the foot well behind front passenger seat. With all this heavy rain it absolutely soaking. Trying to book mine in at the dealer this week . Would you be able to tell me the dealership you use just in case mine have no idea of the problem (which is a possibility as the dealer is a Audi/Mercedes/VW dealership and the Audi section is quite small)?
And this is a very long chance - could you get hold of the bulletin reference, so I could quote it at the dealer just in case I get problems. But any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
262 Posts
It's Group1 automotive, Audi Chingford.
On work sheet it just says wind deflector replaced. There is no mention of bulletin.
But I did verbally explained the service person while handing him the car that there is some bulletin regarding this if you want to look at it.

Thanks.
KJ

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
And this is a very long chance - could you get hold of the bulletin reference, so I could quote it at the dealer just in case I get problems. But any help would be much appreciated
Take a look at Post 28 on this tread - there is a PDF attachment.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts