Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
It Has been raining overnight but has stopped now. Before I went on a drive I checked and the inside was perfectly dry. I went on a short drive around roundabouts etc and there were no leaks. I then slid the sunroof fully back and checked the channels and there was no water. I closed the sunroof fully and went on another drive with no leaks. I checked the sunroof seals and they were all soft and pliable and I can't see how water can get in.
When you opened the sun roof was there water in the channels like too much specially the wind deflector mine was drenched when I opened it.
Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
233 Posts
As an owner of a 2020 F3 which I collected in early March I am becoming increasingly interested in this thread. My car has been garaged since Oct, so I doubt I can contribute much to the subject yet, but I will go and pull the dust cover off and have a look and see if the small 'fins' are present. I do not know the build date but it would have been pre the appearance of this issue. I feel a certain amount ease as on collection I drove the car from Crewe to Ullapool area in the most inhospitable winter conditions and noticed no ingress, maybe my car is OK ??
What action does a Tech Bulletin mean, is a recall for a check, or a repair on the alert from an owner with an affected car, or a workshop job whether or not the ingress of water has been notified ?

Cheers, Mike

·
Registered
262 Posts
You might want to keep the car outside for full day while it's raining to let the water get into channels.
If it at gets in there.
Mine just looked now is full of water channel where air deflector sits in as there is no way for water get out.
Where as the other channel where the drain holes are looks normal very slight water which I think is normal.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I will in the next few days pour some water into the air deflector seating channel and look for the appearance of water at the lining join in 'A' pillar which will confirm the issue is present in my car. I'd leave it outside to await rain, but it's much too cold to rain up here, none forecast for a while :)

Mike

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just dried up the air deflector channel I would say around a cup or 3 water was just sitting there

·
Registered
783 Posts
During my test this morning I checked all the channels including the wind deflector and there was hardly any water anywhere. It has been raining again and I have just returned from a 50 mile urban journey and checked and there is hardly any water.

·
Registered
262 Posts
During my test this morning I checked all the channels including the wind deflector and there was hardly any water anywhere. It has been raining again and I have just returned from a 50 mile urban journey and checked and there is hardly any water.
That's good to know. Yours would be a modified then

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have not done the water-in-the-channel test yet.
However I thought I would add this bit of information. Can't find anything on this side of the pond about the leaking roof issue. This morning I called Crewe Audi from where I acquired the car to enquire about TSBs, the answer was "there are no campaigns or TSBs (for any reason) outstanding on 2020 Q3s". I didn't broach the hypothetical question of the leaking pano roof syndrome.

Mike

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have not done the water-in-the-channel test yet.
However I thought I would add this bit of information. Can't find anything on this side of the pond about the leaking roof issue. This morning I called Crewe Audi from where I acquired the car to enquire about TSBs, the answer was "there are no campaigns or TSBs (for any reason) outstanding on 2020 Q3s". I didn't broach the hypothetical question of the leaking pano roof syndrome.

Mike
Well will see what they say I have dropped in my car sometime back.
I explained the service guy everything I knew so that he don't come up with something lame.
He said they will do the diagnosis and would let me know way forward also informed the guy it's a design defect which is plagued all over VW group.
Not sure if you search for Porsche Macan sun roof leak and it's there.
Same design I suppose.
I'll update once the service guy calls me back.
Thanks.
Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dropped my car off this morning relating to the foot wells being soaked and they have identified the leak is originating from the panoramic roof where a couple of modifications will be done and should have the car back on Friday. Luckily it was raining this morning and noticed this when I dropped it off.

On another point I received a works order and they are also carrying out three system updates classed a recalls that I am surprised to hear about as they hadn’t contacted me.

·
Registered
262 Posts
So an update is parts are on back order so it would take time.
Parts wind deflector needs to be replaced possibly new design.
Some bonding material would be applied.
Will know by next week Wednesday.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had my repair carried out at the beginning of the week, as there was also a delay with parts.
The leak was getting bad and water would come through in about 5 different places. Even dripping down onto the passenger seat.

They replaced the wind deflector and 'some other parts', but it's been below freezing all week, so I haven't been able to test it.
When I got home I tried the roof and it only moved about 5mm and then closed itself again.
I don't think it was iced shut as the car was very warm inside, so after an hour I went back out and gave it a gentle push while I pressed the button.
It opened fine after that, but seems a tighter fit now.

They had heaters in the car for an extra day to dry it out, but it still smells a bit nasty inside.
I'm sure it's getting better as it dries out more though.

Its strange as I had no issues last winter.
I've no idea why it suddenly started leaking. The drain holes were all clear apparently, but the wind deflector had deformed a tiny amount they think. This has something to do with how the water travels.

The warranty paperwork I recieved said
"Carried out replacement of Wind Deflector & Seal as per Audi TPI 2059326/2 Due to water ingress".

If yours is leaking, then get it in to be repaired ASAP.
You won't always notice the water as it travels down the A pillar and isn't always visible, but it will just get worse.
If the carpets get too wet then it'll mean stripping the interior to get the carpet out to dry. If you catch it early enough then they won't have to do this. I was glad mine didn't have to be pulled apart too much.
I was also lucky I have a black roof lining, as a lighter coloured one would show any staining I imagine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The repair on my car was the same code 2059326 and they also replaced the underlay to prevent any future smell. My car is still under warranty but if it wasn’t it would have cost over £800 to repair this. Since I have had my car back we have had snow rather than rain so not really properly tested the fix but do lift the flap on the centre of the drivers side carpet every couple of days to check the underlay isn’t wet.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Same here got it back on Monday.
But it's been freezing and snow.
I did try to open and look can't identify what's changed.
But yeah paper work says wind deflector changed.
Let's see if it's fixed.
When it rains properly or I try to wash it but not in this weather.
Thanks.
Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
It's chucking it down with rain here JK, you might be doing a QA check before long - fingers crossed its fixed.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yes fingers crossed.
It's about to rain in part of Essex where I am and tomorrow let's see.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Yes fingers crossed.
It's about to rain in part of Essex where I am and tomorrow let's see.
Any leaks or all good???

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well it's dry inside panroof.
It's not been raining that much anyway.
But I just opened the roof and looked inside and channels are dry.
Touch wood.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Fingers crossed - a result! Not thinking of rejecting it just yet then?!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Nope no rejection even if it leaks I have a plan drill small holes at the base of wind deflector so trapped water in wind deflector channel can come the other way where the drain holes are :D
But I have 4 years warranty and this is the least of a problem which I can handle.
Luckily my new home has a balcony and if I want I can park my car under it
if it rains like anything and if it's leaking in first place.
Work around :)

41 - 60 of 64 Posts