Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Car booked going in Tuesday. Let's see I am guessing they will rip apart interior to fix the issue. :cry:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Here is water coming inside , probably from pan roof to A pillar and so on.
Looks like I have a bad luck with cars :(
20210129_174459.jpg
20210129_174434.jpg

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
That's well annoying JK, sounds like Audi are aware and have a fix though? Mine has been out in heavy rain though is garaged 99% of the time. I'll give our Audi dealer a call - one would have to assume given the location of the water appearance both sides that there are drain tubes from the pano-roof aperture that run through the A pillars.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah I am also assuming something to do with the drain pipes.
My observation if car is not moving and rained then foot well would remain dry.
As soon as you drive the car water starts to drip.
I opened the Pano roof to check the channels there was water and the drain holes don't seem to be straight there are small plastic bits looks like blockage not sure what is the purpose next time I'll post the picture what I mean.
So my wild guess water doesn't fully drain from the pipes and when you drive it overflow and that is the water coming out if A Pillars.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Due to bad condensation in the car the last few months I lifted the front two mats and found the foot wells both wet. I am in the process of drying them out but have checked pouring water down the sunroof drainage holes and it does come empty outside the car. There is no visible leaks inside but reading the comments recently there could be a fault. Car is under warranty until November this year so will see after drying if they continue to be wet and what outcome from the cars going in for repair with this same issues are resolved before i book it in.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have been reading online looks like there is no fix available and Audi knows that cars having Pano roof will leak water. It's a design fault let's see what service guy tells me on Tuesday.
Looks like after all car would need to be rejected. :(

·
Registered
262 Posts
I found this attached and yesterday I had a quick look i think that is the unexplained pointer they mentioned there are 2 channels 1 with drains and the other without drains so that might be the issue.

Regards.
KJ

Attachments

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Water leak - AudiWorld Forums

A lot of Audi owners have had the issue in the US too, goes back to 2019 so I guess the good news is that Audi have:

A) Acknowledged the issue
B) Fixed it.

Take a look at the attached PDF dated 3rd Nov 2020.

There are new parts required. My RS was built 10th February 2020 so will be the old design, we can check to as the wind deflector brackets have little nib-like extensions with the modification. I'll get on to my local dealer on Monday.

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
My Q3 was built May 2020 and the handover occurred at the end of July 2020. It is kept uncovered on the drive overnight. I have just checked and I have no leaks. Is there anything I can look for to help?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Reading this suggests they aren't intending to do the fix if the car is outside the warranty.
Specifically,
" If this vehicle is outside any warranty this tsb is for informational purposes only"

·
Registered
262 Posts
Water leak - AudiWorld Forums

A lot of Audi owners have had the issue in the US too, goes back to 2019 so I guess the good news is that Audi have:

A) Acknowledged the issue
B) Fixed it.

Take a look at the attached PDF dated 3rd Nov 2020.

There are new parts required. My RS was built 10th February 2020 so will be the old design, we can check to as the wind deflector brackets have little nib-like extensions with the modification. I'll get on to my local dealer on Monday.
Hey John.
I hope this sorts it out without stripping the whole interior.
Let's see on Tuesday I'll find out meanwhile as you said you would be checking on Monday.
Hope for the best.

Thanks.
Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
262 Posts
My Q3 was built May 2020 and the handover occurred at the end of July 2020. It is kept uncovered on the drive overnight. I have just checked and I have no leaks. Is there anything I can look for to help?
It happens when car is all soaked overnight and you drive for a mile or 2 not straight line but like going around round abouts and so on.
So you see water coming inside depending how much water was trapped and sometimes both sides some times one side.
If you don't drive it water will not drip inside.
That's my test it's been raining here in essex and lucky I found out otherwise I was thinking the water inside is just due to opening doors and getting in while it's raining.
But you might be lucky yours not affected. Mine is built in March 2020 I think bought in August.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
783 Posts
Thank you for the input. It is seriously raining here so I will try out tomorrow morning. Where do you see the water coming in from? Is it a continual flow or just dripping?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thank you for the input. It is seriously raining here so I will try out tomorrow morning. Where do you see the water coming in from? Is it a continual flow or just dripping?
If you look at post number #22 I have attached pictures both sides.

Thanks.
Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
783 Posts
That's a lot of water. Does it stop eventually? What has made you believe it is the sunroof and not the scuttle drains? Anyway, I will have a go tomorrow and get back to you.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I dried the panroof channels and potentially was ok.
Regarding scuttle I am not sure where to find if any picture to look at would help.
I never park under tree and there are no leaves in the area where A pillar meets bonnet.
Just now went outside to fetch charging cable from car and passenger side is drenched although I didn't move my car an inch today :( but it was raining like anything since morning, stopped raining sometime back.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
262 Posts
Forgot to mention roof line is wet near A Pillar.

·
Registered
783 Posts
It Has been raining overnight but has stopped now. Before I went on a drive I checked and the inside was perfectly dry. I went on a short drive around roundabouts etc and there were no leaks. I then slid the sunroof fully back and checked the channels and there was no water. I closed the sunroof fully and went on another drive with no leaks. I checked the sunroof seals and they were all soft and pliable and I can't see how water can get in.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
From the thread on the Audizine forums not every vehicle is effected - I note that one of the fixes is to pack out the front corner-edges of the pano roof sealing rubber presumably to get a better seal against the roof and prevent water ingress, yours may just fit better a fraction of a millimetre difference would let water in.

I've not seen water in mine either bit have also not looked either, will check later - currently sat in the garage, clean and looking mint - was washed Friday morning.

·
Registered
262 Posts
It Has been raining overnight but has stopped now. Before I went on a drive I checked and the inside was perfectly dry. I went on a short drive around roundabouts etc and there were no leaks. I then slid the sunroof fully back and checked the channels and there was no water. I closed the sunroof fully and went on another drive with no leaks. I checked the sunroof seals and they were all soft and pliable and I can't see how water can get in.
Hmm thanks for checking that.
Interesting probably you are lucky :)
Maybe yours not affected.
Mine has still water inside plus the the roof where it joins A pillar is wet.
Regards,
KJ

21 - 40 of 64 Posts