Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2019 Q3 Quattro - we have water coming in the foot wells we have taken the car back twice and it’s been in the dealership for a total of three weeks. They have replaced the seal around the sunroof and re checked it - it’s going back
In Monday as still leaking! Any ideas????

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Unusual - not seen that before on any Q3 forum.

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
Sorry, that's a new one on me too. I wouldn't like to even guess where that's getting in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2019 Q3 Quattro - we have water coming in the foot wells we have taken the car back twice and it’s been in the dealership for a total of three weeks. They have replaced the seal around the sunroof and re checked it - it’s going back
In Monday as still leaking! Any ideas???? View attachment 1245
Hi did you manage to resolve your wet floor situation ? I have a Audi Q3 s line 2020 model and have noticed both front floor wells are soaking wet l have just looked at your photo and l have got exactly the same situation water seeping and coming from my bonnet catch l also have damp on the passenger side footwell but can’t see where the water getting through any information you can give me will be appreciated as l will be contacting Audi when there next open
Thanks

·
Registered
799 Posts
I did see this on my RS3. It was found to be blocked drainage channels by the A pillar. I haven't seen this on my Q3.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
It's a long shot and may be the same issue described by mwcltd.
Not sure if the 'new' model is similar but the drain holes in the scuttle panel 'well' at the base of the windscreen are tiny and easily block with leaves etc, particularly if the car is parked outside. A surprising amount of water can collect there and could slosh round and get to places it shouldn't if you drive without draining it first
Apologies if you've already checked this

Cheers Spike

Reactions: Gromit

·
Registered
11 Posts
Typically this problem can be caused by either drain holes blocked(as mentioned in other posts) but also a poorly fitted windscreen which is a problem on some repaired (not new) vehicles. The dealership should have tested this first. You could try with small qty of water over the screen on a dry day, but as its so new!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I purchased my 2017 model Q3 in December 2020 and today noticed the passenger front foot well carpet feels damp. I opened the bonnet to check the drainage area below the windscreen and both sides were full of water as the ( very small ) drain holes were blocked with debris. Cleaned them out and the water drained away immediately so hopefully this was the cause. The black plastic scuttle is actually green where the water was sitting so its been blocked for a while, i suspect the car was parked under / near a tree or large bushes previously.

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
You can be pretty certain that's the cause, we've had a few cases reported that have turned out to be blocked scuttle drain holes. I don't think there's much you can do to prevent it, just check the drain holes are clear regularly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Q3 and 1st reported a water leak into the car almost a year ago. The car spent a week in my local dealer in 2020 with no rectification or acceptance of the problem. The latest bout of bad weather resulted in the front foot wells being flooded and ruined carpets. The car is now back at my dealer and Audi has finally recognised a fault. The interior is to be replaced due to water damage under warranty.
Apparently the required parts are on back order and no repair time can be given. The car is held by the dealer until further notice and i have been offered the use of a car in the meantime. My 1st Audi and probably the last.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can be pretty certain that's the cause, we've had a few cases reported that have turned out to be blocked scuttle drain holes. I don't think there's much you can do to prevent it, just check the drain holes are clear regularly.
Just noticed there are 3 drain holes in the scuttle, both ends and one in the centre. Make sure you clean / clear all 3. I also gave the scuttle a good spray of WD40 and wiped clean.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2019 Q3 Vorsprung is going in on Monday for this exact same fault.
Luckily the Service chap was on the ball and knew of a bulletin that addresses this issue.
They'd had a Q3 with pano roof in the previous week, so he already knew where the water was coming in before I'd explained it.
The modification is adding an extra part, not replacing anything.
The drainage holes aren't getting blocked, it's a routing design issue that's been identified by Audi.

The water gets behind the trim at the top of the car and then runs down the A pillar and comes out where the photo shows. Or, if it's been really wet, where the interior trim on the A pillar joins the roof trim it comes through that joint and soaks your leg when you brake and turn right.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
My 2019 Q3 Vorsprung is going in on Monday for this exact same fault.
Luckily the Service chap was on the ball and knew of a bulletin that addresses this issue.
They'd had a Q3 with pano roof in the previous week, so he already knew where the water was coming in before I'd explained it.
The modification is adding an extra part, not replacing anything.
The drainage holes aren't getting blocked, it's a routing design issue that's been identified by Audi.

The water gets behind the trim at the top of the car and then runs down the A pillar and comes out where the photo shows. Or, if it's been really wet, where the interior trim on the A pillar joins the roof trim it comes through that joint and soaks your leg when you brake and turn right.
Thanks DanB986 - do you have a service bulletin number for this? I guess some of us would want our local dealers to run our VINs to see if our own vehicles are effected.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll ask the question on Monday when it goes in.

There's also a bulletin for addressing a rattle from a pipe under the car that I had done, but this didn't fix it for me.
It sounds like a metallic ringing at 2200rpm. I'll check my paperwork and see if they put the number on that as well.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Thanks! Appreciated.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well today I noticed water just like picture and carpet is slightly damp just below it ?
I saw some droplets on the passenger side as well now I'll keep an eye.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ok both driving and passenger sides have leak pictures attached :(
That scuttle can anyone guide me with pictures where to look at and what I am supposed to see as I tried looking after opening the bonnet couldn't find any obvious.

Thanks.
KJ

20210128_223316.jpg
20210128_223530.jpg

·
Registered
267 Posts
And I don't park my car under tree so no leaves near the wiper part or at the edges.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Passenger side has lots of water just checked roof trim near A pillar that is also wet.
So something to do with Pano roof definitely.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts