264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jules said:
They seem to like it here
yes that was my impression as well

·
Registered
485 Posts
The residual values appear to be quite good as well.

The fuel consumption is not good overall, but no doubt it is abused as a press car. What sort of real life figures are people with the TDI quattro engine returning in comparison?

·
Registered
613 Posts

Best I have seen so far - on a 20 mile cross-country drive to work, with no air-con on...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Really positive review, looking forward to taking delivery more than ever now.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Contrition said:
Really positive review, looking forward to taking delivery more than ever now.
Same here. Two more weeks to go. Here's another positive review to shorten the wait:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9c6IIxAZlE

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ah, that one made me smile as well, there's a follow up as well. Are you going to take delivery in August or delay registration and wait for a September 1 reg?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Contrition said:
Ah, that one made me smile as well, there's a follow up as well. Are you going to take delivery in August or delay registration and wait for a September 1 reg?
Hehe, yeah, gotta love that Bob fellow...
I'm sorry but I'm really just piggybacking on your excellent uk-based forum, lacking one here in Norway where I live. So this registration difference before/after Sept. 1st doesn't really make sense to me... ;-)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sorry JayN, here in the UK we have new license plates issued twice a year, March 1 - August 31 and then Sept' 1 - Feb 28/29. So I am waiting to have the car registered until Sept' 1 to have the latest license plate. Hopefully it will add a little to the value when I trade the car in in the future or sell it.

Well.. that's the theory anyway.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I see. Don't think it works like that here. The focus is more on the model year, so if buying a new car around the time it changes, the "date line" so to speak, could warrant a short wait to get the newer model...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts