Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got letter from Audi UK saying delivery delayed with no new date given. The dealer has no idea yet either. Letter says I can have courtesy car and up to £500 fuel. Very poor. Will look to cancel order if no date can be promised. Anyone else in same boat?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I had the same offer and took it up. Actually, I think it is a great offer. You get free use of a virtually new Audi, fuel thrown in, your Q3 (when it comes) will benefit from a newer registration and therefore have a higher value. For me, it was a no-brainer, and I think a very generous offer from Audi given all the circumstances.

I think the bottom line with late delivery is a combination of higher than expected demand, possible gremlins in the production start-up in new factory, and component shortages (eg standard alloys, Stronic and probably more).

Finally, if you cancel, what then? Evoque's are similar leadtimes, and the problem (for me at least) would be that if I settled for my second choice, I would probably rue the decision in the months and years to come. So an Audi Q3 later this year with another Audi on free loan, or something not a Q3, that's the choice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand your point of view. However having another car doesn't suit my circumstances. Also I don't like false promises and undeclared delivery. I would look at getting a Jaguar XF, Kia Sportage, Merc or another. If they don't give me satidfaction tomorrow I will ask for my deposit back and have the fun of buying another make. To be honest the Audi dealer in Watford has been pretty poor anyway and doesn't really deserve the order. And finally in waiting indef for the car it should be possible to get a discount once they are rolling out.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I share your thoughts with Watford Audi!

Re false promises, I just think that Audi were overwhelmed, plus the apparent problems in getting enough Stronic gearboxes. Now, I accept that aglobalbusiness like Audi should be able to gauge demand and supply significantly better, but given that they have screwed up, what is the best way to deal with the problem, other than a loan car. You might get the opportunity to choose virtually any car in the Audi range. That should be fun for 6 months or so.

My position was similar to yours. I was promised April delivery, which then slipped to August. It's all very frustrating.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Only one way of finding out!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
rontheman said:
I share your thoughts with Watford Audi!
Me as well

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was given an A6 Avant Quattro as a courtesy car. Seems fair enough to me. Plus going elsewhere you'll end up waiting all over again.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just had a call from my dealer. Original build date of week 4 - 6 has slipped to week 13, sorry now week 16, sorry now week 17 and yet to be confirmed!! Like many of us, I am concerned that the residual value on my trade in will decrease by £350 per month, 30 days after the estimated delivery date. I have tried, unsucessfully to seek an assurance frommy dealer of the offer of a loan car, but they are strangely silent! I have now found the audi site offering over 30 Q3's for sale, all ex demos, but which may or may not have your specs.
I logged onto the Harrogate Audi site, under used cars select Q5, this allows you to then change to Q3!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I spoke with Audi UK today. They confirm that although my build was booked for 17th December they have no idea when my car will actually be built and delivered. This is what Audi call good customer service. There is no way they can communicate with the factory and get a truthful or definitive answer. They praised Watford Audi for their deligence!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Heard from my dealer this afternoon. audi UK will advise on use of a loan car next week! As audi UK have already allowed the use of loan cars, can I ask for how long that period has/will be?
Many thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered my new Q3 sline on January 26th. No delivery date yet. The salesman did say it could take 6 months! Never mind I have an S4 which I purchased new nearly 8 years ago and it is still the greatest car I have driven. Except for the petrol consumption that is. Only 45,000 miles on the clock and still drives like new. My husband has insisted that the time has come to change but I might miss the performance of the S4. I am looking forward to having sat nav and a panaramic roof. I have only seen one other Q3 on the road so far and it looks great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered my Q3 in mid-November 2011 and was promised an 'early April' delivery. I received a call today letting me know that it will be delivered on 8 March, so almost a month ahead of the initial estimate!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just wondering - I hope Audi are not favouring building LHD models and thus delayingRHD versions. It would be interesting, if possible, to see if other (LHD model) countries are experiencing the same delays.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That worries me.
I ordered mine in September last year. I was given january delivery date that slipped to March, then June and now July (week 26 build), but not confirmed. I was told by my dealer to 'not hold my breath'.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts