Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiI have found the normal key fob tricks below but is their one to fold the mirrors in?Locking carLock and dead lockAll windows up UnlockingUnlock drivers dooronly and all doors
Edited by: puddy

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you are correctand no my local Audi Dealer at Boston wont do it I even said I could talk them through the procedure Still said NOWhere is my auto express magazine will write to them to see what Audi UK are up to!!! Do Audi ever get repeat owners/trade? I wont ever buy a another AudiCars fantastic its crap customer service that spoils it

·
Registered
518 Posts
It is annoying that Audi don't include auto folding on exit as standard, especially when it is basically already there!I had it done at a local VAG electronics shop, that had the special interface box.In the grand scheme of things, it's annoying, but not worth busting a blood vessel over. I suspect most manufacturers have hidden software switches for many things, and Audi is probably no different from anyone else. Part of it is due to having standardised electronics across all geographical markets, and then just selecting those appropriate for each market.Just on that point, it's interesting to compare UK standard spec with say European standard spec (eg check out www.audi.ie for Ireland). You will see we have a much higher spec in the UK with many things (eg climate control) standard here but optional in other markets, and our price is much cheaper too!

·
Registered
302 Posts
puddy said:
I wont ever buy a another Audi
Golly
For me, I willlove the car whatever when we get it - I'd never dreamed of owning an Audi and we are using an awful lot of our retirement savings on this car. For me it will have so many features that I've never had before. My first car didn't even have a radio or a working heater and the indicators were a bit iffy. My third car - everything actually worked
I've had a lot of cars since, most of them secondhand (usually no choice, just an ex-reps car brought home by my OH). I won't have the luxury of choosing another car like this one again - so I am going to enjoy it and all it's gadgets (or lack of them) and be grateful that I am privileged to afford it.This forum has been interesting and instructive (the world of men and their cars
), so I'velearnt a lot - but I think I will bow out now

·
Registered
518 Posts
BambiI'm a long time Audi user, and the 2 I love the best are the first and last. My first was an Audi 80, in the 1970's, and my last (ie current) is the Q3.I am sure you will love it. It isn't perfect, no car is. But in my view it rides superbly, has charisma, goes well, works well, is full of techie gizmos, and as far as Audi customer service is concerned I have found it great, both from Audi central and from my dealer.Good luck with yours, share some photos with us please, and we all enjoyed having you here

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
</font>The cars perfect it's
just the customer service is lacking plus I paid extra for folding mirrors. I just wonder why Audi UK say it's not possible when it is.I think I will buy the VCDS cable and software and do it myself

</font>

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Hey Bambi, Mrs G is exactly like you - when she bought her A3 a few years ago it was her first (and probably last) opportunity to have a brand-new car built exactly to her specification and she absolutely loves it to pieces. Sure, it might not have the odd gadget or two that in an ideal world she would have gone for had it been either available or at a sensible price, but that does not in any way detract from her enjoyment of it. I can't see her ever getting rid of it.

My Q3 was bought on the strength of her experience with the A3 and it doesn't disappoint either. People have different perceptions of perfection - some reasonable, some not - but there is no doubt that the Audi range in general, and the Q3 in particular, are extremely well designed, well-built quality cars and I think yours will give you the pleasure you currently envisage and then some.

Stick around, kid - let us know how good yours is when you collect it and bless us with some pics, OK? You're a lively and entertaining member of this forum and I for one will miss you.

Now, enough of this - get back to your ironing.

(Legs it once again for deep-level shelter, grinning)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Puddy, Boston is our local dealer and we think they are brilliant! Compared to Merc, BMW & VW we will prob only ever deal the Boston Audi from now on. The others didn't want to entertain us. Yes I'm 31 & the wife only 27 BUT why judge us!! All the others in Peterborough, Spalding & Boston did.... But Audi Boston gave us exceptional service!

It's not Audi dealers fault they can't turn on the folding mirrors, or re-map your car. Maybe they could turn SD sat nav on too & let you buy a copy of EBay for £20...... They just can't do it, not that they won't, they can't.

But on the bright side, there are company's that can!!!

Need to do another 1000 miles before having a Re-map & getting folding mirrors on close and swooshing needles :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am thinking of buying the VCDS cable and software.I am looking at the Ross-tech kit but not sure if I will buy it from the states or get here in the UK and get better service from a Ross-Tech UK seller. But I will be staying clear of ebay sellers but may look on Amazon Prime.Are Ross-Tech the best supplier?I will pay by credit cardAnyone on the forum got the kit just in case I need a little help?I want to switch on TMPS Door Mirrors foldingon lockingSecret options on mmi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts