Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy. We just placed our order. Better half wanted specific extras hence it will be coming from across the ditch by March next year.
I read a few articles about the space saver tyre. Obviously we didnt order one but was wondering what are the throughs from other members about having a space saver vs not having one. As order has only been placed im hoping we can add the space saver if it makes sense to do so. Thanks. (oh and our spec's in the signature)
Edited by: QTree

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiThis subject has been covered many times on the forum, a quick search will give you lots of answers
What I will say is that the space saverat £75 is a no brainier option, get onto your dealer before it's too late.For more info have a look at this weeks watchdog on BBC iplayer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Del. will check the other posts. As always the salesman in one of the dealership we visited was telling us not to bother with the space saver as the foam is all you need. I'm on the phone with my dealership now for the space saver. Edited by: QTree

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have to agree with Del, if you are only going to specify one optional extra it absolutely has to be a spare wheel. I really don't see why it's optional in the first place but it seems to be the norm now but for the price it was a must for me.

As for the foam, it may get you home but your tyre isn't repairable.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I added it in a month after ordering so you'll be ok to add it

After watching Watchdog the other night i'm glad i did now. Been on runflats with my bmw for the past 7 years and every puncture is a nice £240 bill for a new tyre

Sure you loose some boot space but i would rather spend 15 mins changing a wheel than messing around with the lube!

·
Registered
111 Posts
The space saver is a must in my opinion. I know a couple of people who work for RAC breakdown and they have told me some horror stories about the alternative method.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I agree, foam is of little use for certain types of punctures. A lot of us bemoaned the loss of the full size tyre in the boot when the space saver replaced it.

In my opinion this is a step too far!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I agree SETIG, it smacks of profiteering but seems to be widespread across all the manufacturers now.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think the main reason there is no spare is to save weight and get the car in a lower tax bracket.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Confirmed - Space saver is now on the list

Thanks everyone for your advice.

·
Registered
201 Posts
One thing I didn't include but now wish I had is the High beam assist, but where do you stop?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Lol - Contrition, looking at your spec list, you obviously didn't know

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hey you're one to talk Jules, lol

·
Registered
613 Posts
errr, well, yes... busted....