Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

First post and first time owning an Audi - moving out of a Mazda3 MPS so it will take me a while to get used to the power reduction, we won't miss the regular visits to the petrol station, that's for sure.

The main reason we chose the Q3 is our lifestyle has changed, we are now Grandparents and have missed so many days visiting due to the bad weather we decided to look at 4x4's, to cut a long story short, the Q3 stole our hearts, can't wait for it to arrive.

First time in a 4x4 so have a question regarding tyres, would the Q3 have coped with the recent bad weather with standard (summer) tyres or would it be advisable to fit winter tyres during the winter months?

Edited by: BobC

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiGood choice of car, you won't be disappointed
With regard to the tyres I would say it depends where you live and where you want to go, if you live in a city and mainly drive there the standard tyres should be fine, if you live or expect to do a lot of driving in the country side it's probably worth investing in a set of winter wheels.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have fitted winter tyres and they have been a big help even on urban roads, I have used before on a 2wd car and they make a difference. Some will say you dont need them, however Im a recent convert and will use in future even on a 4wd car. Its up to you, but they dont make you invincible and you still need to drive sensibly.
Edited by: DBQ3

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Del said:
HiGood choice of car, you won't be disappointed
With regard to the tyres I would say it depends where you live and where you want to go, if you live in a city and mainly drive there the standard tyres should be fine, if you live or expect to do a lot of driving in the country side it's probably worth investing in a set of winter wheels.

DBQ3 said:
I have fitted winter tyres and they have been a big help even on urban roads,  I have used before on a 2wd car and they make a difference. Some will say you dont need them, however Im a recent convert and will use in future even on a 4wd car. Its up to you, but they dont make you invincible and you still need to drive sensibly. 
Thanks for the replies.

We do a fair bit of back road/country driving so I'll probably invest in some winter tyres later on in the year.
Can't wait for the snow.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have some Pirelli all season tyres on our LR D4. The car helps of course, but don't see any reason why the q3 with all season tyres shouldn't be just as good for winter road driving. Saves you having to keep swapping tyres around also

1 - 5 of 5 Posts