Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Q3 owners .Had my 140 Q3 S line Quattrofor about a month and loving it. Daytona Grey with tints and 19 inch RS6 alloys.Not new to Audi ownership as wife has 10 year old S3 8L and I have a 1986 UR Quattro.Swapped in RR Evoque dynamic SD4 autofor Q3 140 manual because I coudn't live with 22mpg around town and old Ford Transit Engine..lol and a gearbox that had amind of its own ..forever arguing with evoque about what gearit should be in...I believe the Evoque will be a great car once fully developed with new engines and gearbox. The best thing about the Evoque was the Dynamic suspension and the HiFi...So far, activated with VCDS (VAG.COM) parking screen on MMI and Hill Hold Assist (new handbrake button) Cornering lights via fogs and a few other little things.Bought Satnav from dealer but the rest is standard. No DAB as of yet,unfortunately. Mine was a stockvehicle so I had to go for what was factory spec. I wanted Daytona Grey and had a hells job getting one not speced up with silly extras ordered by the dealer.So Ive reverted to Type and even though the Q3 is built in Spain by Seat its a quality car ..no Rattles and so far no Problems. I've had a previous Seat LeonCupra R from the same factory and that was good too.The onlyminor gripe is the steering feel is a little light and not much feedback .. but I can live with that and the 55+ mpg-Ok I have a DTUK tuning box and its gone from 43 to 55 mpg on mydaily route. and the power delivery is awesome now, feels quicker than myEvoque and the CR enginepurrs compared to the rattily Evoqueengine. Before I fitted the Tuning box I did run it in properly for1000 miles.The Quattro system feels planted as do all my previous Audi's . They haveall been Quattro -1985 UR quattro,1989 90 Quattro, 1991 S4 Avant, 1986 UR quattro, 2003 S3 Great Site here with a lot of very usefulinformation, that I used before I took the plunge and bought one.Oh forgot to mention the xenon's are so much better on the Q3 also and the wife says seats are more comfortable lol..Rgds Rob

·
Registered
36 Posts
A very warm welcome
As a matter of interest Rob, What version of VDCS do you have?i have version 10.6.4. I will be very interested in exchanging a few codes and adaptations with you.
Kindest regards Gary m0ikw.

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Hi, and welcome!
I'd give my eye-teeth and several other appendages for a sight of your '86 Quattro. Your insight into the Evoque is interesting, too - I traded a Jaguar for my Q3 and the JLR dealer did everything possible to push me towards an Evoque. My thoughts on its looks are already well-known elsewhere on the forum and the Victoria Beckham effect ditto.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi Quattroman and welcome.

I'm really interested in the fact you are using a tuning box, as I don't trust the websites and their testimonials. I don't understand how you hav an increase in economy and the same in power delivery, logic says they are mutually exlusive of each other.

Is the economy there if you drive carefully, but the power when the foot hits the floor.

The idea of a 15% increase in economy would be great for me as I will do anything between 25k and 30k per year.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Gary,I am using latest VCDS version 12.12-Followed this French chaps instructions to a T and all worked well. Only have to translate from French to English.</font></font>http://ankk-vagcom.com/category/codages_vagcom/audi/audi_q3_8u/</font></font>basically I really wanted to activate Audi drive Select but it doesn't appear to work on MMI basic as the hidden menus are different. Also wanted TPMS as I have correct ABS module for hill hold which works perfectly in conjunction with start /stop.. contrary to some comment on here about hill hold assist.</font>But nobody seems to be able to actuate TPMS yet.</font>Rgds </font>Rob</font></font>

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Crem0,Yes I agree I was sceptical too but I did some research and came across the German company that actually makes these tuning boxesbefore I discovered the UK distributor.These are not your ebay type tuning boxes. There has been a lot of development into these and I would not hesitate recommending them. ( I have no affiliation to these companies - I am a marine design engineer and company director)This is the original German company :-http://www.chiptuning.com/eng/company/the-dte-company.htmlI can honestly say it does what it says on the box. (although it didn't say anything about the big grin you get when putting your foot down a bit.)RgdsRob

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks Rob,

It would have been a really elaborate post if you were selling these chip boxes!

I have seen them on eBay and wouldn't want to connect anything like that to the car,

Thanks for the link!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.