Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from test driving a 2.0 TDI 177 S-Line S Tronic.
Most impressed by the gearbox. Very smooth. Most changes were imperceptible and you could only tell it had changed by the number changing on the MFD. Tried manual changes with the paddles but after a few seconds it went back to auto mode. Maybe it needs setting up differently

Thought the ride was OK. Dealer said it had the S-Line suspension but I'm not sure if he knew. It did have the 19" wheels which did not seem to make the ride too hard. Mrs D thought the seats were a bit hard and the interior was a bit dark so I think that has made my mind up to go for the sensible SE option with standard seats in Style Cloth.
So I just need to decide on the final option list - sunroof, parking sensors, cruise, heated seats, hill hold, LED interior lights and storage pack definites - rear arm rest and folding mirrors maybe.

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good in the grey, Gromit, but I'm not sure how it would stand up to the black labradoodle hairs (yes I know they're not supposed to shed, but I don't think anyone told the dog ?).
I think black is the safe (if slightly boring) option.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Labradoodles do shed if they inherit the lab gene rather than the doodle gene
That's the problem with having a mongrel - you don't know what you are going to get
We have a Transylvanian Bat Hound and an Aussie - both shed like ****

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gromit, I'd not seen your pix before and I am thrilled. I've ordered the titanium grey Nappa seats and having seen your colour scheme I am very pleased with my choice. Yours is a beauty! I ordered the Q3 in early August and the build week is 40 (starts Monday) so in perhaps six weeks or so I hope to be in a position to post my photos. By the way, I love the idea of the tailpipe chrome covers, where did you get them, and with your awesome taste, what other accessories post purchase, would you or any other members recommend?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had a brief test drive in a BMW X1 yesterday. Nice to drive. More like a normal car than the Q3. The interior was better quality than I expected. They priced up a 18d x-drive Sport with red leather, sunroof, Satnav, cruise, parking sensors etc. Fair p/x offered and £3790 dealer contribution. Insurance, fuel consumption and road tax about the same as the Q3. The residual value according to What Car is not as good though - 38% after 3 years compared to 58% for the Audi - which takes a big chunk out of the discount.
My plan now is to go back to Audi with my Q3 spec and see if they come close to BMW with the numbers. If not I may have to go across to the 'dark side'

·
Registered
257 Posts
You could go for the BMW I guess. It depends if you are happy knowing that no one will ever let you out of a side turning.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I bought a new x1 to replace my 3 series estate. Seemed the logical thing to do and the deals were incredible. However I cancelled it and got my deposit back after some niggling doubts got the better of me. Look at the car more closely and you'll see the quality isn't what it should be.

It does drive better than the q3 if that's high on your priority list however.

They'll be a brand new x1 out in a couple of years since they facelifted it last year.

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
Biggles54 said:
Gromit, I'd not seen your pix before and I am thrilled. I've ordered the titanium grey Nappa seats and having seen your colour scheme I am very pleased with my choice. Yours is a beauty! I ordered the Q3 in early August and the build week is 40 (starts Monday) so in perhaps six weeks or so I hope to be in a position to post my photos. By the way, I love the idea of the tailpipe chrome covers, where did you get them, and with your awesome taste, what other accessories post purchase, would you or any other members recommend?
Hi Biggles, glad you like my pride & joy - the Titanium interior colouring certainly makes a **** of a difference. I love it -, thanks for your kind comments.

The tailpipe trims came from darkest China, courtesy of a recommend from another forum member - see here...

http://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forum/chrome-exhaust-tail-muffler-tip-pipe-for-audi-q3_topic716.html

The only other addition I've made is a boot recess retaining net - if you look towards the bottom of the set of pics I posted you'll see it - but you're going for the luggage pack which includes Audi's own net, so you won't need it.

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi Gromit .... where did you get the seatback nets? Were they standard with the luggage pack?

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
Nope, they come as part of the Storage Pack along with the under-seat drawers. Very useful pack, I find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts