Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having enjoyed my first day in my new toy - sadly a working day so I haven't had a chance to do any setup yet - I thought I'd post some first impressions.

It's a beautiful drive - punchy acceleration, ultra-smooth and quiet ride, having to watch the speedo as it's SO easy to stray into licence-losing land. Very comfortable seats and driving position, ultra-light steering at low speeds but still enough feedback.

Little details impress me - things like the power folding mirrors now being independent of the ignition switch (on Mrs. G's A3 the key needs to be in and turned before they work), the combined intermittent/rain-sensing wipers with adjustable sensitivity, the flick of a turn-signal lever giving three flashes - ideal for lane-changing.

This car is an absolute peach and I think I'm falling in love.

This weekend is going to be a busy one - setting up the SAT/NAV, radio & phone, copying some music to SD cards, getting used to the car parking itself
and finding places for all the crap I can't do without whilst travelling, editing some pics for this forum, etc. etc.....

....not to mention finding a couple of hours or so to watch the British Grand Prix, of course.

So much to do, so little time... <sigh>

Edited by: Gromit

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally some pics...

I'll post a full set in the Gallery over the weekend, hopefully.

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Another beautiful example - I like the Titanium Grey upholstery, it really lifts the interior. Enjoy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Loving the feedback from your experiences with the car thus far Gromit, great work!

Can you explain to me how the power folding mirrors work, do you simply flick a button once the car is parked? I may need to get this for my purchase.

PS The car looks fantastic, inside and out!

Edited by: Andy_Q3

·
Registered
188 Posts
Very nice color! Very glad that that you are so happy with your Q3.

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Andy_Q3 said:
Can you explain to me how the power folding mirrors work, do you simply flick a button once the car is parked?
Exactly. There's a small knob/joystick on the driver's door, just forward of the window buttons, that controls the mirror adjustment. Just turn this 180 degrees and the mirrors fold - turn it another 180, they unfold.

This works entirely independent of the ignition key, i.e. whenever needed regardless of whether it's in/out, on/off, stationary/moving (dead useful on a narrow road with an idiot heading towards you) etc.

One of my "must have" options.

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right, I've posted the full set (of pics taken the day it arrived) in the Gallery s promised. I'll add more when time and weather permit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts