Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

It's here early!

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Boxbrownie 
#1 ·
It's funny, but when I first ordered my Q3 back in the balmy days of August, I daren't think about the day I would take delivery. I was originally told to expect it around christmas, however, to my delight, I was able to pick it up last friday, complete with half a tank of diesel.
That half tank has disappeared with the trip computer telling me an average consumption of 33 mpg. I'm hoping that's an aberration due to a tight engine as I haven't got out of economy mode yet. I keep a record of mileage at every fill-up, so I'll soon see if I can improve on that. I was surprised to see that "Coasting" doesn't happen when using Cruise control, so I may have to regulate my use of it to get the best economy out of the vehicle.
That said, I'm loving the auto box and the refinement (yes, despite the 19 inch wheels :)) and the overall driving experience. Those LED lights are excellent. The only irritation so far concerns the automatic wipers. On my BMW, I could use the "single pass" wipe whilst remaining on auto, so I could clear the screen even when the sensor did not deem it necessary. The Q3 needs to come out of auto mode to do so.
I'll post some pics when I get the time to take some in daylight, (and I've cleaned it!)

#2 ·
Congrats on the arrival of your early Xmas present!

#3 ·
Congrats on your new car yardon. Can you update your signature to reflect the spec of your car please.The car will loosen up with time and I agree with your comments on the auto wipers. Plus the fact they seem to have a mind of their own concerning when to activate.

#5 ·
I find a quick pull of the wiper lever towards me is enough to give a wipe or two without triggering the washers.

#7 ·
Snapshot said:
I find a quick pull of the wiper lever towards me is enough to give a wipe or two without triggering the washers.
Exactly, the easiest solution.
One thing I find very frustrating with Auto Wipe is when starting off on a journey and the screen is wet, it takes 50-100yards of driving before they decide it's raining, I find I tend to have to give them a manual wipe after a few yards just to be able to see!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.