Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The great unveiling and handover at my local Audi dealer
Still looks good on the drive the next morning. IMHO

·
Registered
304 Posts
Cool! Can't wait for mine to get here in Jan!

·
Registered
192 Posts
nice

Get a Autoglym PDI kit on ebay for about £20. I do this for all my new carsEdited by: puddy

·
Registered
184 Posts
Cool. Lovin the black roof rails.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very nice indeed :) mine being build week 46 glacier white s line :) can not wait are those the wheel that come stock for the s line?

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Niiiiice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
welcome to the family

looks very nice indeed, almost the same as mine......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The car came with Autoglym Interior Protectant, Bodywork Gloss Shield and Glass Guard applied and a big bag of Autoglym products in the boot.

All of which I got for free, apparently, as a sweetener to buying the car.

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Now THAT'S a freebie that's really worth having. Better than a bloody baseball cap or a keyring.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Mine came with the same bag and contents, together with different types of microfible cloths

The aqua wax isn't bad!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
SETIG said:
Mine came with the same bag and contents, together with different types of microfible cloths

The aqua wax isn't bad!!

For those of us who couldn't afford Autoglym you can buy the dealer kit on ebay search for Autoglym PDI kit cost about £20

You don't get the bag of goodies they are on ebay for about £60+

All in most dealer charge £250 for the whole package at least if you do it yourself you know its been done.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Gromit said:
Now THAT'S a freebie that's really worth having. Better than a bloody baseball cap or a keyring.

This is the only new car I have brought and not been given key rings

·
Registered
485 Posts
For those of us who couldn't afford Autoglym you can buy the dealer kit on ebay search for Autoglym PDI kit cost about £20

Truth is I would never pay for the life time shine. I have spent lots on polish and latterly wax over the years. On this occassion when I went to pick the car up they had done it FOC, so now I have the lifetime shine with a lot more of my own wax on top. To be perfectly honest I won't use half the stuff in the bag, but hey it was free!!!!

Oh and of course there is a guarantee, so I will use that for them to valet any marks on the grey seats that I have.

·
Registered
302 Posts
puddy said:
For those of us who couldn't afford Autoglym

If you can afford a Q3 then you can afford the Autoglym (it's not a huge sum compared to the rest of the car and the considerable running costs - servicing/tyres etc)- but it is just down to personal choice whether you choose to spend your money on it

Edited by: Bambi

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bambi said:
puddy said:
For those of us who couldn't afford Autoglym

If you can afford a Q3 then you can afford the Autoglym (it's not a huge sum compared to the rest of the car and the considerable running costs - servicing/tyres etc)- but it is just down to personal choice whether you choose to spend your money on it

But why do dealers rip people off by charging £250 when you could save the money.At least you know its been done if you do it

Once you brought the car the dealer tells you need

Paint Protection £250

Gap Insurance £250+

Finance kick backsThese days cash not acceptable they make more money with car loans

Audi car insurance kick back

Its not been done for your benefit just another way to part you from your money

Audi charge £320 for tinted windows I got mine done for £140 at the same place my Audi dealer use

They are salesmen not your friends
Edited by: puddy

·
Registered
192 Posts
SETIG said:

Truth is I would never pay for the life time shine. I have spent lots on polish and latterly wax over the years. On this occassion when I went to pick the car up they had done it FOC, so now I have the lifetime shine with a lot more of my own wax on top. To be perfectly honest I won't use half the stuff in the bag, but hey it was free!!!!

Oh and of course there is a guarantee, so I will use that for them to valet any marks on the grey seats that I have.

Autoglym does work I have tried others brands but this works very well. My last car never needed waxing in the 3 years I had it. Living in a small village in south Lincolnshire it gets very muddy in winter. All my mrs does is spray the mud off give it quick clean dry it off job done

I have used autoglym pdi kits for the last 15 years

Autoglym pdi is a paint sealant not a wax

1 - 20 of 24 Posts