1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First things first

DAB fitted and working
Spare tyre and jack included

Blackberry comparability for work phone : easy to set, bit head doing when voice command. I say call home it shows the number for home with a 1 next to it and then asks me to say which number!!

iPhone with red gromit, amazing. Cover art and when stationary will play videos and bbc iplayer on the screen. Using waze for sat nav if listening to music on iPhone, it will reduce volume of music and then say any waze warnings louder through the speakers.

Not sure what up and down buttons do on lumbar support bit may read the manual!!

Only disappointment is the number plate last 3 letters being EDL who I don't support but will sort this with my own plate

·
Registered
613 Posts
Never thought of putting iPlayer on the screen...
Sounds like, on balance, you could be described as happy...

Waze - good move!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi jules,

I'm really happy with it, have read the manual somewhat now, sorted the phone dialling if I say "call xxx mobile" it skips the second stage!

It's so super clean at the moment I feel guilty driving it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do you have the standard mmi stereo etc?
If so I will get the red cable for iPhone just to see I player on the screen when stationary. Will keep kids happy while mrs runs into a shop

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, Daddy K, standard concert stereo.

The iplayer also fills the screen nicely, whereas iPhone movies try to go widescreen, which makes them tiny.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi all, my wife has just picked up our new Q3 but I am 150 miles away and won't get to drive it until 9pm tonight

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only 30 mins to go Da2922, it's worth the wait

·
Registered
613 Posts
Had a look last night - not sure how you get iPlayer onto MMI screen?

I had a pre-iOS6 iPod Touch connected to the car, andiPlayer played on the device, but wouldn't show on the screen?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wow - I love the Q3 - really nice drive!
I work from home and I had to take it for a spin round the block before work

I will post a picture in the gallery

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Jules

I running an iPhone 4, I've ignored the last 1/2 updates but I am running iOS 6 , it wants me to update to iOS 6.01.3.

I haven't changed any settings on the phone, I'll try and get a photo.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Thanks - I'm intrigued now!

I keep an "old" 64Gb iPod touch in the car which I keep connected to the MMI - I was thinking the old iOS version doesn't support iPlayer video (although it does play normal iTunes video content)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Crem0Thanks for the tip about not having to say '1' when there is only 1 line. It was annoying me, but no more hopefully.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts