Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HelloSeeking help on ISOFIX car seat. Dealership screwed up order and had to place a new order and for their mistake they offered a courtesy Q3 till the re-ordered one is delivered.Back to my ISOFIX question. We were at kiddicare over the wkend getting a replacement carseat for the lil one and given Q3 comes with ISOFIX as standard we thought we'd consider that. But when we were trying out the car seat to see which is a good fit, we noticed there is no top tether holder being the seat was missing (the particular ISOFIX car seat we were looking at comes with top tethering). We looked up the manual and it does show that there are 3 holders for the 3 seating positions on the rear seat. We thought the courtesy model we have ( S-Line TFSI Quattro manual) doesn't come with one or maybe we need to ask for this specifically. We contacted our dealership and they checked the brochure and couldnt find anything. Additionally its not listed in UK pricing and specifications guide so they can ask for this to be added either.We are now considering just using the seatbelt option car seat. To everyone on the forum - shouldn't Audi have a duty of care here. If they are providing ISOFIX as a standard than shouldn't they be providing the necessary tethering to secure the car seat. Im sure not everyone will be buying an Audi car seat or even some may want to use their existing car seat with top tethering. But with what I was told it appears there is a limited option on what type of ISOFIX you can use on Q3.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update - spoke with dealer again today. They said i wont be getting the tethering hook/bracket with the current UK Q3 model but they will make Audi Germany aware of this. They did say that this is appearing as standard on at least on the new A1 and A3. So in the meantime if others are looking for ISOFIX car seats you will have to do with the floor brace ISOFIX or go for seatbelt option.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi, My understanding is that top tethering isn't mandatory in the UK and was only mandatory for cars registered in Brussels in Feb 2011.

having said that there some very good Isofix seats out there that don't have top tethering a such as Maxi-Cosi which are highly rated by Which. I would choose this every time over a seatbelt system.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
115 Posts
Related question, ISOFIX has finally been approved in Australia this week and I wanted to find somewhere to buy Audi child seats - anyone know a cheap Audi online parts and accessory vendor?

·
Registered
201 Posts
We have a MaxiCosi Family Fix with the floorbrace and a Pebble babyseat, I did look at the seatbelt tethering options but decided this was more secure. You are right, there are limited options if you don't want to use the seat belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts