Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading another thread on another forum where people were saying that the Q3 was a 'Mumsy' car and the Q5 was the 'Manly' car...

What gender is the main driver of your Q3...?

I bought mine for me and only me and I am Male..!

·
Registered
613 Posts
It's my company car - but my wife borrows it on every occasion she can!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Girl here, the man has a BMW

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's a good question. In our house, male, but I can see the Q3 being equally appealing to either sexes, whereas many cars do tend to be very definitely leaning towards feminine or masculine. And the design teams must work hard to either achieve that effect or avoid it, depending on the brief. Maybe colour can influence the effect too.

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
Man here - mine (when it gets here) will replace the Jaguar I've been punting around in for the last seven years. Mrs G has her own Audi - an A3 Sportback she's had for over three years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Man here - though I guess my wife drives it more than I. I must admit, that originally I was after a Q5. However, my wife was just not comfortable with the size of the Q5 and therefore it went to a Q3 by default. It has worked out for the best though, as I get a fully specc'd and quick Q3 for the money instead of a bog standard Q5. I enjoyed driving the Q3 more as well. Felt much more nimble and less tank like than the Q5.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Another man here!!quote from the wife, " You wash, I'll drive "

·
Registered
518 Posts
Male driver here. We also have an A4 estate which we will change next year for a small car (VW Polo/Up?)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Male 35 y/o here, real Q3 men drive S-Lines!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Another male driver here although i think the q3 has a unisex quality to it, like the golf it's driven by anybody. I keep it clean and tidy so it's only fair i use it for the main, although my missus is taking lessons

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hardly ever drive my wife's Q3. I have driven it occasionally and like it but it's her car.
I have my own car which I use which she hardly ever drives!

·
Registered
137 Posts
So Trando, why isn't she the forum user then ha ha?

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's a good question...

As she keeps telling me, she has better things to do than spend her time on car forums. That's my job...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Man here, but as with a few others it was probably my wifes views on the Q5 that took us towards the Q3.Since one of the objectives was that we would divide the mileage more evenly between cars (rather than the >20k/<5k split of the past few years) it was important that she was happy driving and parking it.
The big plus point is that I get less resistance on the sunny days when I want to nick her VW EOS!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Get my Q3 at the end of this week, and I will be driving it (bloke)
Don't think I can get the Mrs to budge out of her TT!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Male driver coming from A4. Most of the time on highway left side (would always be right side in UK ;-) ) and most of the time, the A4 is to low to see the car before the care driving in front of you,and that'sverrrry anoying in high traffic hours.So a higher car was needed. The Q5 is too high,less elegant, end wider, soit nearly enterstroug the garage door.Wife is driving Ford Fiesta since she chose her first car, but now she is looking at an A1 or A3 (she is nearly never driving on the highway).

·
Registered
201 Posts
Male, the driving is split around 70/30 I guess and we wanted something with Audi's build quality and cabin that's easy to park in town but also cruises well on the motorway. The Q5 is the other car we looked at but just that little bit larger than we wanted at least for now.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Male- have covered 5k enjoyable miles upto now

·
Registered
22 Posts
Male. 800 miles in. Enjoying so far.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts