Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

one day left to finalize order and i wondered if blowing £220 on drive select would pay for its self on a three year lease and pay for its self. i have got a BMW 120d auto at the mo and its got a magic button Eco/comfort/sport that is reported to save diesel. After 20.000 miles i have learnt it doesn't do a great deal of good in Eco, and best left in comfort. sport is fun.
Drive select disengages the clutch and other bits and bobs. what do you all think of it.

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
I didn't bother with it. Other opinions I've heard and read are divided - the "freewheel" feature in particular is more of a pain than a saving apparently. It'll be interesting to hear from others who have it to see if they actually use it and feel it's worthwhile.

·
Registered
85 Posts
for me its a must but first xenon, pano roof, leather A.S.S or Bose then drive select then dumper control.. thats a good order for me, all cool upgrades.. I use drive select a lot, specially confort and Eco it saves 5% and more i will say its really cool, don't know if it worn the money... i think it will pay for itself... in the long run
i made a post about it, if you have time read it, i will say eco makes the ride a little unpowered but definitely softer thanks to the free weel function.Edited by: Mindstorms

·
Registered
65 Posts
i am pleased I went for it. There's the psychological benefit of seeing mpg figures in excess of 40 on the computer but there is an actual £ saving too. On 300 mile trips, my main mileage heading from London to the Lakes and back, fuel consumption dropped from about 38 to 44 mpg using efficiency mode and not using cruise control (engine always engaged if you do). Assuming £1.35p a litre for diesel my mpg difference works out to £220 after 10k miles - assuming I have done the the sums right. But the real saving is to be had by driving on flat roads at a constant 50 mph - ie through M25 road works and with variable speed limit signs on, my record is 62mpg over 50 miles. As I write this from a motorway station having been in a tail back for an accident consumption dropped from 46 to 39 inching forward so fuel savings are easily wiped out. I never use the other drive select options. Will you notice not having the option? Probably not.
Edited by: drjamesr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts