Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Another introduciton :) I'm Page, 35 years old and I recently got my very first Q3... Haven't had much time to drive it yet but should be able to get some driving in this weekend to really test it out! Anyway, joined here to get a bit of background info on the car and what I can use for detailing, cleaning etc

Page

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
Hi youngster! Welcome to the forum. Take a look around, there's plenty of useful info. here. Bar's on the left, coffee machine on the right, don't put your feet on the cushions.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Youngster Gromit! Scripted is older than me! It's an A3 for adults!!

Hope you love the car as much as me, went in a colleagues Nissan Kumquat this week, it reminded why I picked a Q3!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Scripted said:
Hi everyone!

Another introduciton :) I'm Page, 35 years old and I recently got my very first Q3... Haven't had much time to drive it yet but should be able to get some driving in this weekend to really test it out! Anyway, joined here to get a bit of background info on the car and what I can use for detailing, cleaning etc

Page
Washing, Polishing and Waxing (oh yes I do wax
) is very personal to some and we all have our favourites. In fact some avid car cleaners probably use about half a tin before trying out other products, so have loads of half used tins on the garage shelf.

My personal preference is to use Auto Glym Super Resin Polish (SRP) followed up by a thin layer of Collinite wax, followed by another coat after the next wash. It is still beading 6 months later.

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
Crem0 said:
Youngster Gromit! Scripted is older than me!
Everything's relative - having just recovered from my 62nd birthday I can tell you that bloody nearly everyone's a youngster compared with yours truly.

Anyway, what's this "waxing" of which you speak? I've always avoided it myself - I leave that to Mrs G, it's a bit too painful for me.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Gromit said:
Crem0 said:
Youngster Gromit! Scripted is older than me!
Everything's relative - having just recovered from my 62nd birthday I can tell you that bloody nearly everyone's a youngster compared with yours truly.

Anyway, what's this "waxing" of which you speak? I've always avoided it myself - I leave that to Mrs G, it's a bit too painful for me.
My OH is quite a few years older than you Gromit
As for the waxing - we took painful extra measures a few days ago and bought another hose so we can attach it to the filtered side of our water supply and (drumroll) bought a new bucket (others have all been used for various building work) and some cleaning products !!!! When we will actually get around to using all this I don't know - the neighbours will have a shock

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
A whole new bucket? Luxury! We still use the same bucket we used to wash our socks in and drain t'lake before scrubbing it..... Oh, waidaminit - wrong sketch.

One useful thing I treated myself to was this...

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/draper-73860-wb2-200mm-wide-telescopic-squeegee-sponge-p50013

...being a shortarse (5ft 6" in my socks, 5ft 9" in Mrs G's stilettos (but that's another story)) I find it impossible to reach the centre of the roof - this little beauty solves the problem nicely. It's available on Amazon, too.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Gromit said:
One useful thing I treated myself to was this...

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/draper-73860-wb2-200mm-wide-telescopic-squeegee-sponge-p50013

...being a shortarse (5ft 6" in my socks, 5ft 9" in Mrs G's stilettos (but that's another story)) I find it impossible to reach the centre of the roof - this little beauty solves the problem nicely. It's available on Amazon, too.
Thanks - I do have something like that and a brush on a telescopic handle that attaches to a hose as I have a lot oftall windows :) Hadn't thought about using them for the car - good idea - although I am a bit taller than you
I'm not really into this cleaning lark :) The last time I cleaned a car (before a trip to Scotland) I managed to leave it covered in smears - it looked better covered in mud

1 - 9 of 9 Posts