Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,
I just wanted to say hi as I will potentially be a new Q3 owner soon. The car is for my wife and we have done the dealership visits and narrowed it down to the 3:

BMW X1 - no idea when the new model will be available.
Merc GLA - not different enough to her A class at the moment
Q3 - Drove it on Saturday and she really like it.

I have a couple of questions before we go back to the dealer.
Is there a new Q3 model being released soon? I see there are a couple rumors for the beginning of Q1 but they seem to be related to the US market?
What deals have people got in the last year? From scanning the forums and chekcing brokers it looks like 10% off is not out of the question.

My wive specifically likes the Sport 35 in blue I see nothing that would make the sline worth the extra money unless I am missing something?

·
Registered
530 Posts
The VW updated tiguan variant came out about two years ago , usually Audi would go over to the same platform 18 months to 2 years later but I suspect all the production problems have thrown that up in the air .
I have just taken delivery of a new 35 S TFSI and think it would suite her well , it's comfortable , economical and plenty fast enough for any sane person Only consider the S Line if the extra's that come with it make sense to you. I got the S Line and with the heated seats cos the wifey suffers on cold days before the heating chips in.

Oh and welcome , enjoy !

·
Registered
530 Posts
Great thanks for the update. Did you get a good deal on it and what was your lead time?
Hi. Bit of a storey here. My existing car (Q3 40 TFSI ) was 18 months old and hearing stories of 12 month lead in's decided to enquire about next one. When the salesman at the dealers did the figures (car was on PCP ), he sheepishly told me that my plan settlement amounted to a £6,000 repayment to me, due to the prices trade ins were fetching . So, without further ado I went for it, no new deposit, just continue same payments. Then the car came over in 5 months. None of it planned but just found I had a new car and still can't believe what happened. 😎

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
Re: Facelift Q3 - we expected it, the current Q3 is 4 years old, however Covid and supply chain issues put paid to that.

It's now believed that Q3 (along with A3 and A1) won't be replaced as the brand moves to full electrification in 2025 - most likely there will be minor specifications changes, new colours and probably not much else.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My dealer called me again yesterday to advise my q3 ordered in June 21 is delayed yet again but has switched to the 23 version. He advises that the only changes are 2 colour additions to technic and rsq3 spec.
I went for the vorsprung hence the mental delays of who knows when. I actually bought something else as I couldn’t hold off any longer but have kept the order on the go. But I wouldn’t worry about the changes to spec based on what he said yesterday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, thanks for the update, that is interesting. My wife has decided on the Q3 so we are going in to negotiate on Saturday. She has decided on the 35 Q3 sport in blue.

Does anyone have any indication of what wiggle room dealers have on price. A couple of brokers are quoting almost £3k off the price and wondered what deals others have got?

·
Registered
84 Posts
As you've tried some of the brokers, make sure you check Drive the Deal which seems to be around the same mark. Only other suggestion for cheaper is Motorfinity if you qualify, but even they seem to be around 9% discount at the moment.

At least you will have a figure to throw at the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Morning, Just an update. went armed with a quote from motorsourcing group to my dealer to negotiate and he couldn't get close... Ordered our new Q3 on Tuesday from the broker. Never ordered a car via email, an interesting experience... They are predicting a Nov/Dec delivery date.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts