Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out insurance with Audi Insurance (Allianz) last year and it's renewal time and the premium has gone up by 60 pounds so I am shopping round for a new provider. However, I want one that only uses Audi approved garages if things go wrong. Can anyone recommend an insurer that will use Audi approved garages please?

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
Hi Kew, and welcome to the forum.

As far as I'm aware there are no insurance companies that will automatically use Audi (or any other manufacturer) approved repair centres per se, but you have the power to insist on it. The only objections they raise are that if you choose the repair centre the insurance co. will not supply a loan vehicle, but as all repair centres these days supply one of their own this is not a problem.

Obviously if the Audi approved centre quote is significantly higher than the insurance co. expect you may have to "discuss" this with them, but this should not be a major issue.

Having a good insurance broker helps enormously with this and they will also find you the cheapest quote with a good insurance co. I've used one for 30 years plus and have found them an absolute boon, both in terms of money saved and administrative headaches prevented.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I researched what the insurance will cost when our Q3 arrives - £140 :) :) It's certainly not expensive to run :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have done a fair bit of research now on this and discovered Audi Ensurance (free for 3 years) and they will deal with ANY insurance company and organise for a car to be repaired by Audi approved garages. Looks like they deal direct with the insurance company on your behalf - looks good if you ever need to claim.https://www.insurewithaudi.co.uk/Products/Ensurance/
The only reason I went with Audi Insurance last year was due to the fact that they guaranteed that they would only use Audi approved garages if there was a claim. However they are more expensive this year so I am looking at other options. Currently John Lewis Car Insurance looks reasonable and is recommended by Which......

·
Registered
302 Posts
The Audi Ensurance looks good :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi we've just changed our 2010 A3 for a 2012 Q3, ins with LV got £22 rebate I was surprised it was cheaper to insure than the A3 but I'm not complaining :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Kew. Not sure whether you realise that the main thing about Audi Ensurance is that they pay the difference between the cost of having your car repaired at an Audi approved repairer, as opposed the the repairer designated by your insurance company. In addition, Audi Ensurance deal with all the paperwork. I believe Ensurance is free for 3 years.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have just registered with Ensurance. My car renewal has arrived from LV and it is quite competitive.

Churchill is quite a bit cheaper and I am wondering if it matters who you insure with if Ensurance deals with everything and picks up any difference in costs?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Setig,iIf you have Ensurance, in theory it should make no difference who you insure with. As you say, Ensurance pick up the difference

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thanks Rontheman. You have confirmed my thoughts. I am kicking myself for not signing up a lot sooner.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can you balloons start spelling INSurance correctly please?

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
We are.

ENsurance is Audi specific and is in addition to INsurance.

(Wanders off, muttering)

·
Registered
518 Posts
WKDavy, imbarrassing, isn't it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pick up new car friday so doing the insurance bit. I spoke to a girl at Audi Ensurancewhich is an accident management centre,who advised me to speak with LV to see if there would be any additional access charge when not using one of there repairers on the list,all they said was that they could not guarantee a courtesy car.Also Ensurance do not pick up any charges.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Bill, that is not the case re Ensurance. Yes, they are an accident management centre, but in addition, Audi will pay any difference in charges. The policy states" We will pay any additional damage repair costs not covered by your motor insurance policy because you have chosen to have your vehicle repaired at a Audi approved repairer using Audi approved OEM parts and paint" (Section 3). Here is the linkhttps://www.insurewithaudi.co.uk/library/pdf/Audi_Ensurance_policy_doc.pdf

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Bill

Last year I had a crash in my Golf (Pick up my NewQ3 this afternoon !!) I am insured with LV and insisted my car was repaired by a VW/Audi approved repairers (Tonbridge Coachworks) . LV paid for everything and there was no hassle as I chose my own repairer.
Found this on the interweb :

The Office of Fair Trading and The British Board of Motor Insurers have agreed that Motor Vehicle insurance policy holders have the right to choose where their vehicle is repaired, regardless of the insurance company's advice. Therefore you, as a policy holder are not obliged to use your insurer's approved repairer and you can insist on having your vehicle repaired by the accident repair centre that YOU choose.

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
Indeed. As stated earlier, the only thing they can warn you about is possible non-availability of a courtesy car, which is absolute bollocks as every accident repair centre has it's own courtesy car fleet anyway.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry all - I'd never heard of ensurance. I stand corrected and so embarrassed that I'm off to the pub to pull myself together

·
Registered
518 Posts
Not at all, WKD, it's all fun and we all make mestakes from time to time!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts