Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speaking of interior lighting...
I just noticed that if I set the external light switch to "0", the instruments will be dimmed according to a pattern I don't quite get. (Up until now, I have only used the "auto" setting, and then the instruments are always lighted.)
Most of the time the instruments are dimmed (and very much so, it's impossible to read anything but the "needles" themselves, which are bright red) but not *all the time*! From time to time everything lights up, but are then dimmed after a while. At first I thought the dimming was sensitive to the surrounding light, but now I don't think so, since this also happens in the middle of the day. The manual doesn't say anything about this.
Anybody got any idea?

Edited by: JayN

·
Registered
59 Posts
I always understood that the instrument cluster light dimmed as the ambient light reduced. This was a safety feature to remind you to put the lights on. If you can't see the instrument cluster, then it is time to turn the lights on.

I take it you found the scroll wheel on the right of the steering column to adjust the brightness.

Edited by: Dinkum

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, found the scroll wheel. I happened to get caught in a really serious spell of fog, that's when I realized I had to figure out all the light settings... :)
What you say makes some sense, it was almost as if the light was dimmed to zero just to make a point, and if I braked hard it seemed to be turned brightly on again. Thought I had imagined it, but maybe not after all...!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts