Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, possibly due to an update to the Firefox browser I use, I have started receiving an "Insecure password warning" (link)

Does a secure version of this website exist? If not can the website administrators please create a secure version?

Thanks, DM.

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
The site is built on the Web Wiz platform, so we'll have to wait until a more secured version becomes available, then for the admins to implement it - NOT a 5-minute job.

Don't worry too much about the Firefox warning though - it automatically nags about ANY access it regards as insecure (whether necessary or not) and as such gets a bit over-enthusiastic. It constantly warns me about an insecure login when accessing my own NAS box internally, even though it is completely isolated, and you can't get it to accept an exception.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Much though I like Firefox it is the case that the browser is falling behind the times, producing strange error messages as it goes...mine keeps looking for updates that aren't there.

They evidently have plans to release a new version built on the same technology as Google Chrome: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/04/11/future_of_firefox_is_chrome/

·
Registered
630 Posts
But that was a year ago and there was something more recent about a major re-write project.

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reassurances chaps, I'll continue ignoring the message.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts