Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all !
as the title states , yesterday my drivers door will not open from the outside! it can be opened from the inside , i do have it booked in with my dealer next wednesday .
Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem before and how was it rectified?
apart from that the car is brilliant!

cheers
steve

·
Registered
264 Posts
STEVIANK said:
hello all !
as the title states , yesterday my drivers door will not open from the outside! it can be opened from the inside , i do have it booked in with my dealer next wednesday .
Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem before and how was it rectified?
apart from that the car is brilliant!

cheers
steve
never heard anyone else say they had this problem , sounds like a clip has come off hope the dealer gets it sorted straight away

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure that the dealers will sort out very swiftly Daytona, i tried googling this fault and got very little info back , what i did hear was it could have to do with the remote battery , but nothing conclusive.
i will post my findings (if any) after wednesday.

cheers

steve

·
Registered
264 Posts
have you tried unlocking it with the key ????i apologise if you have but sometimes we forget the obviuos

·
Registered
518 Posts
try and see if the pasengers door opens (that way, you can tell if it is the remote battery, or something to do with the drivers door. Also will the remote open the boot (again, to see whether it's the battery or not)?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry i didn't go into more detail , all the doors and boot open normally with the remote its just the drivers door

·
Registered
264 Posts
is it both remote key fobs ?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi Steviank

I had this on my Tiguan. Remote would unlock everything, but not the drivers door. I opened rear drivers side door and leaned over and released drivers door internally. When it did this again, I called out VW assist to it and they had no idea either. They ran it through diagnostics and nothing was found.

However it never did it again for the remaining time (at least 2 years) of ownership.

I presumed it was something to do with the battery as it had probably been left for over a week when it happened.

Good luck and I would be interested in the outcome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well , i now have it fixed
. the dealers have said they had to replace a clip, so daytona you were spot on, must say that my local dealer really are the best for customer service compared to every other dealers i have dealt with over the years (plus i didn't even buy the q3 from them!), it really is a much more pleasurable experience, why can't other dealers and every other customer services be like Audi?
thanks to your replies and i hope that my result will help someone else that may come across this minor problem

steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts