Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My Q3was specked with front parking sensors, i take it this is parking system plus?
How do i turn on the front sensors?
Where is the button?
Sorry if it sounds daft, I have not heard them come on yet so worried they have not been fitted?
Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
100 Posts
there will be a button above the heat controls and below the radio. This will manually turn them on however if you select reverse gear then both front and back are automatically turned on.
If you cal also check the volume of them by going into the MMI and the Car option and I think it is driver assist then parking option. You can set the volume and tone of the beeps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just rang audi and they said it has never been fitted... i bought a car in stock and know it was supposed to have it

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi. I've been forced into getting front sensors fitted in order to be able to reverse into my off street parking slot without worrying about scraping a neighbours car with my snout as I swing round in reverse. Audi will retrospectively fit the front sensors - just waiting to hear the price.Gulp! Teach me to think I can live with rear sensors alone! D'oh!!

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Audi have quoted £699 exc vat for retrofitting front sensors plus the camera includes fitting. Alternative for £299 exc vat is just having front sensors alone fitted.Will take more care when purchasing options next time.Edited by: Lulubelle

·
Registered
563 Posts
You don't need the camera.The front ones will work the same as the rear ones you already have.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Parking Plus gets you the on screen display for front and rear sensors as well as the sound, i would like to think Audi would code the car to display this as part of the front sensor install. I thought the display was standard tbh. There must be no technical reason why all cars don't have it, not just those with front sensors aka parking plus.
Ahhh hold on, more money to be made on the options list. I get it now

·
Registered
86 Posts
It kinda P*****S me off how they built these cars in a way, they make them all the same then disable systems unless you divvy up the cash, talk about dangling a carrot in front of your face..
I for one thinks it`d disgusting that you don`t at least get the SD Sat-Nav as standard when you consider what your paying for the car, i can understand wanting extra for BOSE systems and HDD based Navigation but for a car of this quality i think things like SD Sat-Nav, front sensors and power folding mirrors should be standard through out the range..
C`mon Audi stop been the ghost of christmas past and divvy up

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry to return to an old topic but I have got factory fitted rear audible parking sensors on my Q3 and I would like to add front parking sensors. I enquired today at my local Audi dealer about having the front sensors retro-fitted but was told that this can't be done. I know that Lulubelle was discussing this on the Forum last year and wondered if anyone had managed to get front sensors fitted after delivery, and if so where and at what cost.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi. Audi West London retrofitted front sensors to my Q3 without a problem. Took a few hours but they did it and they work a treat - and I now have both sound and visual indicators linked in. Abdul was my salesman who handled my request perfectly. If you're anywhere near London may be worth linking up with them. I think it is a fiddly job etc but it can be done.Hope this helps

·
Registered
55 Posts
£699 + vat in the end for added visual screen which I do find useful. £299 odd if only front sensors being fitted.Prices last year prices

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ecstatic!Hope you get yours fitted - maybe WLA mechanics more confident doing the retrofit etc. Crossing fingers for you.:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts