Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I want to install BlackBox (Car camera) in my Q3. Can anyone instruct me to open Fuse Box (or "Onboard powersupply control unit" ).
Please also upload some photos step by step if you can.
Thank you so much

·
Registered
85 Posts
I saw some fuses in the back of the box where I put my sunglasses (under the steering wheel at the door side). Dunno if this is what you are looking for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes.
I want to install the camera (DIY). I don't know how to open the fuse box. Can you show me how to open it step by step with photos?
Thank you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
No idea, but on http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2805472you have the info for the Q5. If it's the same for our Q3, it says:
Fuse boxes are located passenger and driver side doors, open the door, pop off trim cover on inside panel.&there's also fuse boxes in the rear hatch, right side cubby, at the bottom

·
Registered
2 Posts
A quick google search always brings this page on top. I tried to figure out the same. The Q5/Q7 videos on youtube gave a disappointment.
A little bit of research and I found it is under the steering wheel. I also did a video and how to access and is here. Hope this helpshttps://youtu.be/TB162k_bt6U 

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
There is a small glovebox type compartment just under the steering wheel. Open it and squeeze either side of the hinge area and the compartment lid will open further, exposing the fuse box.Its on page 195 (in my manual) under the section "Changing fuses"

·
Registered
162 Posts
Has the original member been waiting 4 years to fit the camera?

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
Can we say "thread necromancy", anyone?

·
Registered
2 Posts
As I said in my earlier response, a Google search brings this page to top. For that reason and to benefit others details have been updated.

Internet never dies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts