Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have ordered new Q3 sport 35 tfsi via Drive the Deal on 16/04/2019.
I was wondering how soon after placing the order I can expect the supplying dealer to tell me the confirmed build date and when will I be able to track the build?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm very interested in doing the same so would be interested in your experience and delivery time quoted. The Drivethedeal prices are better than most/all used cars on Audi or Autotrader.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the third car I’ve bought through Drive the Deal (A3 & Q3) and I have found them to have the best prices bar none. I have been told by the dealer, that they ordered through, that I can expect delivery at the end of June. However, it is now 5 weeks since they took the order and no mention of order number or build date yet, only the dealers reference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
PCP, lease or buy

I ordered my new Q3 on 30 April and was given the order number by my dealer a few days later. I contacted Audi CS and they gave me build week 23 w/b 3 June. The dealer gave me the same discount as quoted by Carwow.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I ordered my new Q3 on 30 April and was given the order number by my dealer a few days later. I contacted Audi CS and they gave me build week 23 w/b 3 June. The dealer gave me the same discount as quoted by Carwow.
TBH I'm not very impressed with Carwow - their discounts (which are effectively dealer discounts anyway and not fleet discounts as offered by the other brokers) seem miserly in comparison with eg DTD, Carfile, UKCarbrokers etc. Of course half a loaf is better than nothing but when the whole loaf may be on offer elsewhere...

·
Registered
22 Posts
TBH I'm not very impressed with Carwow - their discounts (which are effectively dealer discounts anyway and not fleet discounts as offered by the other brokers) seem miserly in comparison with eg DTD, Carfile, UKCarbrokers etc. Of course half a loaf is better than nothing but when the whole loaf may be on offer elsewhere...
I have used this dealer and the same 'salesman' for all ten of my A3s and he has always given me a good trade-in for my existing car and a good discount on the new one. He is now as much a friend as a salesman. I am not really as interested in getting the best discount as getting good service, like providing my order number in a couple of days. My dealer has always provided that service and would not like to reley on a dealer selected by some other organisation.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have used this dealer and the same 'salesman' for all ten of my A3s and he has always given me a good trade-in for my existing car and a good discount on the new one. He is now as much a friend as a salesman. I am not really as interested in getting the best discount as getting good service, like providing my order number in a couple of days.
That's all fine and I do agree that accepting a sub-optimal discount as quid pro quo for better service makes sense. Problem is that car sales staff seem to move dealerships quite frequently and after a gap of eg 3-4 years it's not uncommon to find that your old SE has moved on and you're potentially dealing with a newcomer or trainee or someone you maybe don't hit it off with.

But my point was more that if you are looking at buying through a broker then Carwow don't rank very highly in terms of discounts compared to eg DTD, Carfile etc, although admittedly the Carwow prices can provide something of a benchmark that a local dealer might be able to match without too much aggravation.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks for the info re confirmed build date. Six weeks now and still nothing from supplying dealer. Will have to ring and stir things up.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have just contacted supplying dealership and been given build week 23. Why on earth they chose not to pass this info on to me, I have no idea.
Anyway, apparently the tracking data app doesn’t work and Audi may be withdrawing that feature altogether!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have used this dealer and the same 'salesman' for all ten of my A3s and he has always given me a good trade-in for my existing car and a good discount on the new one. He is now as much a friend as a salesman. I am not really as interested in getting the best discount as getting good service, like providing my order number in a couple of days. My dealer has always provided that service and would not like to reley on a dealer selected by some other organisation.
My dealer has phoned to say my Q3 has been made and is now at Emden waiting for shipment to the UK. Not much longer to wait!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anything further from your dealer h5djr about where your car is? My dealer is not bothering to keep me updated, except to repeat that the car is expected to be delivered at the end of the month.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anything further from your dealer h5djr about where your car is? My dealer is not bothering to keep me updated, except to repeat that the car is expected to be delivered at the end of the month.
I sent a message using Facebook to Audi Customer Services last Friday and they confirmed my Q3 is at Emden waiting to be shipped to the UK. Using the Facebook Messenger I got a very quick reply from Audi CS. All you need to tell them is the Order Number. Once it arrives at the UK port (Grimsby in my case) it should be delivered to the dealer with 14 days.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CS brilliant

I sent a message using Facebook to Audi Customer Services last Friday and they confirmed my Q3 is at Emden waiting to be shipped to the UK. Using the Facebook Messenger I got a very quick reply from Audi CS. All you need to tell them is the Order Number. Once it arrives at the UK port (Grimsby in my case) it should be delivered to the dealer with 14 days.

Many thanks for the info you’ve posted h5djr, you were more help than my dealer (Southampton Audi).
I got in touch with Audi CS and they told me that my car was in the compound at their UK port. Then they put me through to dealer who confirmed same info.
Yesterday, dealer rang to say car would be with them today and I could have it delivered on Monday 1 July. It seems a bit of an anti climax now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts