Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps helpful
for some users who are interested in ordering an Q3. Please mention
your discount and Country and if you are selling your 'old' car to the dealer, too.

Edited by: audidriver4ever

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I'm from East Scotland and managed 4% no trouble with a full tank of fuel. There's probably more discount available but i was happy with that. I was looking at buying a 1 series and they were offering 8% and a 6 week delivery butI'mstarting to see them everywhere now.
I'm not trading anything in so i don't know if that makes a difference? I would have though you would get a better discount with a trade in since they can make a few quid on your trade.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, I got a straight 5% off Q3 and accessories,but not from my local dealer.They said (a bit snotty)"We believe todays discount is tomorrows depreciation"Well,that just makes my discount even more valuable,only my opinion of coarse !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I have agreed a straight discount of £1000 off as well as free gap insurance and auto glym on a S line with retails price of 29700 which includesaccessories .
I also traded in my audi a3 2009 reg with 42000 miles for 9800.

Not sure if this is an excellent deal. But feel quite satisfied.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think the level of discountofferedmight depend on how you finance the car and whether or not you get the finance through Audi. They tried to sell me the "Solutions" method but I decided against it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, If you were to pay cash I am sure you can negotiate for a higher discount. Did you pay cash or opted for another finance deal ?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I'm sure the dealer and salesperson gets some kind of commision for signing people up to finance, the new EU regs on finance mean you could sign up for finance and then cancel it within 14 days. As long as you pay the full balance of the vehicle within 30 days you won't pay any extra. You can also make part payments now to reduce interest and reduce term, any recent finance should be on the new regs

·
Registered
1 Posts
I managed to get 10.4% discount from my local dealer for a cash purchase plus part exchange of my wifes car (Toyota Prius 54 plate) for £3.5k

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discounts are difficult to evaluate when you part exchange a car because it is easy for the dealership to give you a big discount and less for your part exchange. The only true way to evaluate discount is when you buy a car wiythout part exchange. The best I have seen so far is 5.9% from Drivethedeal.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Obtained a discount of approx 9% via a broker afternegotiation for our 2.0 TDI 140. Car was supplied by Audi in Hull who delivered our Q3 to our home address via transporter with around 3/4 of a tank of fuel. Excellent service also.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thats an amazing discount. Can I assume no part exchange, and what about finance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No part exchange involved at the time of buying the vehicle when I got the discount. No finance with the garage I got a loan myself just before delivery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am looking to order a q3 shortly, local dealer not interested in giving a discount. If anyone could message me with a dealer that is happy to do business with a discount I would appreciate it. Thanks

I live in the UK, south coast.Edited by: Mark Q3

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agree that Drive the Deal have great deals on at the minute. Just had an email from them confirming the discount but I think time restrictions applied for the order

·
Registered
8 Posts
I called into a few local(ish) dealers and also phoned around. Managed to get approx 9% discount with Hull Audi for cash purchase (arranged finance elsewhere). Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got a 6% discount from Poole Audi using their solutions finance and part ex offer for my car at a value slightly higher than what other garages in the area offered me. Although I agree its so hard to compare like for like unless everyone you are comparing to uses the same payment method.

I was told by my dealer that using their soloution finance package allows them to give you a greater discount off the list price because they make commission on selling the finance. He also told me that part ex is only useful to them if they can actually sell your old car themselves (ie 3 year or less Audi).

I think you have to look at the overall deal and wether it suits your circumstances however it does seem you should be aiming for circa 5%

·
Registered
44 Posts
Best target deal so far isnow9.6% discount as my email above. Interesting that Ford are closing lots of factories in Europe. I know its not the same marketas Audi, but it seems that Europe is struggling in the new car market sales. Only 6 months ago you could not get a discount on the Q3

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi...
I live in Austria and just got my Q3 on Friday. I managed to get around 12% discount. Audi Austria offered a €2000 discount in Nov & Dec as a special winter deal. The dealer also gave me around €2000 of the list price. I always thought in the UK you could get better deals

·
Registered
44 Posts
Now up to 13% in the UK, but that is if you take out Finance

1 - 20 of 86 Posts