Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Build date was the 22nd July just wondered how long it takes to build the car? 1week??

·
Registered
2 Posts
In my case it was 1 week exactly

·
Registered
70 Posts
Our build date was 15 July 2013. Left Barcelona on 23 July 2013, currently onboard shipin the Atlantic just below Porto.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replays so should still be getting built!

·
Registered
70 Posts
From informationreceived and intelligence used. OOoops, forgot not allowed to do that today, people do not like that, my bat my ball.No problem, will not trouble the forum again. Bullies Rule O(U)K eh eh!!!ps latest info is that the ship is heading towards the Bay of Biscay, just of Ferrol (Spain)

·
Registered
13 Posts
enneo said:
From information received and intelligence used.  OOoops, forgot not allowed to do that today, people do not like that, my bat my ball. No problem, will not trouble the forum again.  Bullies Rule O(U)K eh eh!!! ps latest info is that the ship is heading towards the Bay of Biscay, just of Ferrol (Spain)

What strange reply!

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
I dunno what enneo's been sniffing but I wish he'd hand it round...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Only takes a few hours to build the car. A computer chip on the chassis has the full spec on it and each part is at the various build stations as the chassis moves through and is built up as required. Each car is then run up and checked on a rolling road before being parked up. However it may take up to a week to actually get the car loaded for transport.

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Generally speaking it seems to take 4-6 weeks from rolling off the production line to arriving at the dealer, plus a few days to PDI, register & prep it, plus another few days to apply any dealer-fit options (tinted glass etc.) or organise a cherished plate if applicable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When we ordered it they said end of Oct but hoping might be here mid to end Sep!! Really looking forward to getting now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts