Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I'm about to order next week but my dealer only has SE's but I like the look of the S-Line. What do we all think about it's firmness for those that have driven one. I liked the comfort of the SE & we do go to crap roads in Spain but we also did have an A3 S-Line in Spain which was ok on said roads. A lot of he extras I want (plus I'm gonna order a load more) are on the S-Line & I think it looks a little better too, but don't want to order the optional lowered suspension & don't want it too firm either. Another option is to order the adaptive suspension which may give me the same 'comfort' as it's a setting there. My dealer is gonna let me drive a Q5 S-Line which he thinks might be the same before I decide
How long is a piece of string I know & one mans comfort blah
but would appreciate views/opinions especially from folks who drive or have driven an S-Line.Gaz

·
Registered
563 Posts
The suspension on the S Line is very good, this is my first Audi and I was a bit worried about the suspension being harsh but it's not. As far as I know SEs and S Lines have the same suspension, you can order S Line sport suspension as a no cost option but this was not recommended in most reviews, you could order the £220 drive select option this will give you different levels of comfort but I don't really think it's needed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a 2002 A4 130 Sport for 9 years and the suspension was firm, but not unduly uncomfortble. The SLine suspension (basic) is a bit softer than the A4, maybe due to the profile of the tyres, yet on corners, they are fairly similar.

Remember, standard SE's come with 17" alloys, while the SLines have 18". I'm happy not to have gone for 19" rims, because of both the cost of tyres, and the firmer ride.

I feel that on our roads in the UK, the standard Sline with 18" alloys is about right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got the S-Line with the lowered suspension on the standard (for S-Line) 18'' alloys. The ride is absolutely fine as far as I am concerned but (a) I've come from a 3.2 V6 TT Mk II so it's all relative and (b) I really don't like cars that wallow round bends.So I suspect it is all a matter of personal taste...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts