Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to get the front grill on a Q3 out?

Is it possible to do it without removing the bumper. I have got the cover off at the top in front of the radiator but there are rubber seal things down each side that I can't see how to remove and which are getting in the way of doing much more. I have got a replacement grill so have a good idea where all the fixings are.

Internet searches have not turned anything useful up.

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
That's probably 'cos you're not a Master Googler.

Get a load of this...

http://forums.audiworld.com/archive/index.php/t-2821811.html

That'll be £500 in consultancy fees, payable in Venezuelan Bolivars and left in the Gents cloakrooms of the Savoy Hotel, Lower Puddlecombe - second cubicle on the right, behind the cistern.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, though I think I have seen it and sort off dismissed it as a lot of the info didn't seem to apply when I started investigating.

Post office don't have any Venezuelan Bolivars and have to pick another location, I had a very disturbing experience last time I was in those toilets !!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
MikeGB said:
...I had a very disturbing experience last time I was in those toilets !!!!
Oh, it was you lurking behind the washbasins, was it? I might have known...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd imagine its like my old TT. Little slots that are angled to allow of to slide in but stepped so you can't pull it out.
You would need to press the little plastic lugs in from behind.

I'd like the s line grill on my se as I like the chrome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Daddy k, I haven't managed to find anything that looks to be lugs locking it in, tried pressing all sorts but nothing shifts.
I would have liked a 'black edition' but they don't offer that on Q3's and I asked if they would fit the grill and fog trims off an 'SE' but they wouldn't, also went for the 'gloss black' option as I was told it would come with the trim round the side windows in black but it didn't, so I have loads of shiny bits I don't want.
Just discovered that the 'SE' grill I got for it doesn't have the mountings for the front parking sensors and Audi say they don't supply them separately but they just look to be glued on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts