Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Just joined as I met a chap today called Graham in Worthing who came up with his White Q3 and parked it next to my white Q3! He told me about this Forum. First Q3 I have seen on the road since I got mine 5 weeks ago. I love the car and its 99% is perfect. My only complaint (a small butimportantone) is the folding wing mirrors. They only fold after one has moved the switch into the position and before one has removed the ignition key. This means that I cannot see anything in the folded mirror when opening the door. My friends Ford Focus's mirrors fold when they activate the remote key after they have left the car! Am I missing something - can one adjust this setting in the complexcomputer!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm pretty sure this could be activated, but you'll need to find somebody who knows and hasVCDS....http://www.ross-tech.com/

·
Registered
129 Posts
Del said:
I'm pretty sure this could be activated, but you'll need to find somebody who knows and hasVCDS....http://www.ross-tech.com/
VagCom by ross-tech is still not available at the moment, as I'm awaiting an email from them letting me know when it is. I will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi S Line and Del

I have ordered the folding mirror system with my Q3 and after reading your posts am interested that this manual system can be adjusted, but the software is not available yet. Is that right?
Like to be kept in the loop if possible.
Had this system on my old A4 S Line and it was a pain. My daughter had a Peugeot Cab and her door mirrors folded when she locked the doors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No news yet about the folding mirrors problem. Anyone out there know anything about adjusting this system?

·
Registered
14 Posts
[42 - Driver door] -> [Codage- 07] -> [Long Assistant code]

Octet 04 :

Bit 6 : it's an hidden bit, you have to change it directly in binary area (replace 0 -> 1)
Memo : Bit 6, you count from right to left, it's position 7 (the 1st bit on right is bit 0).

It will work when you close door with remote key of if you keep finger on door (as if you want to close windows) if you have keyless option.

Here it is...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I forgot to add mirror dipping in reverse, anyone know if this is retro fittable ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi the dipping mirror in reverse is standard when you have electric folding mirrors

·
Registered
72 Posts
Don't know about anyone else but I'm still trying to work out how too do Filparis 15's suggeston ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi I've got folding mirrors,but they don't dip when I select rev!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi to set it up you have to select reverse then adjust the mirror to point down to the curb and then drive forward and it should come back up

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi there BuoyCI too have folding mirror - it's only the nearside that actually tilts to display kerb/white line/whatever.The offside mirror doesn't tilt - only the nearside.You can set it on/off via the mmi interface.RegardsMal - ex Gwaunton too.

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiAs already said select the offside mirror position on the door switch, select reverse and give it a bit of time it is slow to react, now adjust the mirror to the dipped position you require, now select drive and the mirror should return to its normal position.The system is slow and it does give the impression it's not working so give it time.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I can confirm that the tilt is an additional option with foldable mirrors.Hannu, this is what I found on the dutch audiforum:Tilt rear mirror at passengers side by reverse-Chose Control module 52
-Chose Long codingFunct 7
-With tabgo tobyte 04
-Flag Bit 2 en bit 3 on

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry, I did a reply on page 1 and didn't see the replies on page 2. Cancel the first line of the previous reply, I will check it out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
filparis15 said:
<span style="color: #FF6600">[42 - Driver door] -> [Codage- 07] -> [Long Assistant code]</span>

<span style="color: #FF9900">Octet 04 : </span>

<span style="color: #FF9900">Bit 6 : it's an hidden bit, you have to change it directly in binary area (replace 0 -> 1)</span>
Memo : Bit 6, you count from right to left, it's position 7 (the 1st bit on right is bit 0).

<p ="bbc_center"><p ="bbc_center">It will work when you close door with remote key of if you keep finger on door (as if you want to close windows) if you have keyless option.

Here it is...<p ="bbc_center">
As I understand it, fliparis's post shows that VAG Com has a setting which enables retractable mirrors to be "parked" automatically on locking the vehicle. Has anybody actually had this modification carried out by a dealer, and for what reason is it not a documented option on the Q3, even (like everything else) at additional cost? It's common enough on most other premium cars, so what's different about the Q3?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone has actually had the coding successfully done to make the folding door mirrors work 'properly' ;)
I did enquiry with the chaps at www.happydayz.com who said it could be done and the cost was reasonable at £30 + VAT. Before I managed to get my Q3 over there, I had arranged a replacement Q5 with mirrors that fold automatically without the need for any fiddling!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts