Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big hello to everyone on the forum, I've been lurking and reading peoples thoughts, suggestions and experiences since November and took the plunge and placed my order in the first week of January after originally looking/test driving both an Evoque and a Q5.

A big thanks to everyone who has posted about their first hand experiences to date and to all of you who have already shared pictures. I hope to share some of my own when I finally take delivery, the wait has been very frustrating to say the least.

I've ordered a Diesel Q3 S Line S tronic in Monsoon Grey with the following bells and whistles.
Audi Drive Select
Auto Release
Bose
Comfort Pack
DAB Radio (spec'd mainly for eventual resale)
Electric heated folding mirrors (that I now know can't be set to fold once the ignition is turned off, why Audi?)
Heated front seats (for the wife)
LED Pack (now no external illumination for the door handles, again, why Audi?)
Panoramic glass sunroof (can anyone post some video of this in action, I've not had any joy finding anything on Youtube?)
Parking + Park Assist and Camera
Spare Wheel (silly not to from reading all the comments on here I think)
Storage Pack
Technology Pack
Through Load
Tyre Pressure monitoring
Adaptive headlights
Audi Side Assist
Phone Prep High

·
Registered
264 Posts
HI there that sounds like a well specced car all that is missing is the kitchen sink
when is your expected delivery , taking into account you are dealing with audi !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi daytona, I had an estimated delivery on placing the order of April which was optimistic looking at everyone else's experiences here. I don't have a confirmed delivery date yet, "late July" is what I know currently.

·
Registered
264 Posts
some people seem to be getting them early so it's a wait and see situation

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ordered mine beginning of May. Still not had a build date, although Audi CARDIFF have mentioned end of September mid October. I would think with the financial position Spain is in they would work a 24hr shift.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I understand that the Martorell factory is working a 24hr three-shift assembly line to produce approximately 100,000 Q3 units this year. They are working flat out supplying the whole world at present until production in China and India come on stream.....<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello to everyone. Just signed up to the forum and would like to add my 2penneth!Ordered a 2.0 dieselquattro auto in Jan. Was told week 29 build, delivery 24th June. As far as I can find out, not built yet and will be September delivery. Not happy!I was told there is a shortage of engines - everyone wants the 2.0 diesel.Will consider my options come the weekend if there is no update.Any opinions out there?Would be interested in hearing other experiences.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Rashers,

I ordered by 2.0 Quattro auto in March and I got a call from Audi to say its ready for pick up this Thursday.

If you read around you will find they tend to give long dates but seem to come down fairly quickly...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had my build date through, week 28 commencing July 9, can anyone give me a rough idea based on personal experience of when it's likely that I can expect delivery? Possibly a tall order I know given shipping schedules but any educated guesses gratefully received.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks bhavesh, approximately 4-5 weeks for you plus time at the dealer for detailing and checks? Good to know and look forward to seeing some pictures of yours when you take delivery if possible. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
They did a week for QA at the factory and 2-3 days to prep at the garage. I am picking up tomorrow and I will be getting the SLR to take some amazing photos if the weather holds out :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been told the same by my dealer, 2-3 days to prep once they have taken delivery. Look forward to seeing your photo's

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have now had an update from my dealer - car is being built next week, ready for collection mid August.Apparently it takes 6 weeks for the car to reach the UK. (?)May now hold off 'til 1st Sept to get 62 reg.What I don't understand is dealer is telling me car has been brought forward to week 27 build from week 29. Week 29 was never going to be mid June delivery then was it?
What truths am I being told here?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It doesn't sound like it was realistic for it to be a mid June delivery. I don't know anything about the shipping schedules to import the cars into the UK but I am pretty sure some people here were able to track their cars whilst they were being shipped and they may be able to give you a better idea.

It also seems like they are manufacturing faster now than they were, I have read various explanations for the delay ranging from gearbox shortages and QC issues through to prioritising Chinese orders. I don't have any idea what the truth is though.

My order was placed in week 1 2012 with an anticipated delivery date on the paperwork of some time in April, I think realistically I am looking at August now at the earliest unless my build date moves forward. I'm starting to think like you about holding off until September 1. In fairness the guy at the dealership has been great at keeping me updated but I doubt the dealer knows any more than they have told me.

I'm still looking forward to what I hope is going to be a great car but in truth if I had known when I placed the order I would be looking at an August delivery I would have bought something else. An 8 month lead time seems to be pushing it slightly.

Edited by: Contrition

1 - 15 of 15 Posts