Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site so bare with me.

Just ordered my new Q3 from Cardiff Audi. 2.0 Petrol S Line Quattro 170 with some options.
They say that the delivery date would be sometime in Oct 2012. Long time to wait.

·
Registered
264 Posts
hi big bob, welcome to the site Its a long wait but well worth it , everyone seems happy with there Q3's what extra's have you gone for ???

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Daytona

Extras include for:

No smoking package
SD Mapping system (for the wife)

Electric folding mirrors
Daytona Grey paint
S Line suspension (previously owened a A4 2.0 TDI S Line - great car)
Thinking of the emergency tyre system. Is there a space already under the boot mat?

Also, just picked up on the forum about the TPM. what would you recommend?

I think the S Line has adequate options already fitted.

Not many extras I know but have just retired (60). so need to look after the pennies

·
Registered
264 Posts
hi big bobsounds a nice spec , yes there ir room for a spacesaver as it says on forum somewhere it an £80 option on factory order or £200 if you order it from dealer after delivery . personally i would go for the TPM it saved me a new tyre a week after i picked mine up . and I had it on my golf gti and it did the same then so personally its a must for me . SD satnav is good move it also displays speed limits on roads so no excuses as for being 60 im only 12 months behind you and retired so know where your coming frrom money wise

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi Big Bob, Just picked up my SE 177 TDI Quattro, and realised that I should have gone for the spacesaver wheel. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing!! Daytona is spot on, £75.00 against £200.00 is a no brainer. Also got the TPM which needs setting up if the dealer hasn't done it for you.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Morse Man said:
Hi Big Bob, Just picked up my SE 177 TDI Quattro, and realised that I should have gone for the spacesaver wheel. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing!! Daytona is spot on, £75.00 against £200.00 is a no brainer. Also got the TPM which needs setting up if the dealer hasn't done it for you.
you can set the TPM up yourself if you go into the setup menu I had to reset mine after my tyre was repaired to about 2 mins

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Daytona.
As some one awaiting a Q3 but have an A4 using the same system it needs telling whenever the tyre pressures are altered. As in normal tyre pressure maintenance. As the owner of a fast fit tyre shop it is surprising or maybe not how many owners are unaware that they can or should do this. Because all the TPMS on German cars in general in simple terms just react to the difference in rolling radius of a deflated tyre. Prefer this system my self as the tubeless valve is just a standard one. More awkward from a tyre fitters point of view when the valve has a transmitter block attached to it as in TPMS when using the alternative system.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just contacted Cardiff Audi and added the TPM to my order. For £85 its worth trying.

Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers Morse Man.

Have stuck with just adding the TPM. Very rare my wife and I go any great distances.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Big Bob, If you have not ordered a sub woofer for your car, then you will find that the floor well is a lot deeper, and no space to store all the bits and bobs that you tend to keep amongst and around a spare wheel well!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Morse Man

Can you please explain why if you do not order the sub woofer and the floor well is a lot deeper then why is is there no space?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Morning BigBob. The deeper well is the chassis floor itself. The carpet appears to be glued to the floor. The only way to create underfloor space is to order the spare wheel! AND mind your head when placing items in the boot. Caught my head on the rigid parcel shelf!! Then again it could just be me!! lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Morning Morse Man

Thanks for the heads up. Are you saying it's best to go for the spare wheel just for the space under the boot carpet?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi BigBob, Yes! Because the spare wheel at £75.00 could possibly save you the cost of a new tyre, if you suffer a puncture and have to use liquid to reinflate the original tyre, it is possible that the "Gunk" inside the new tyre may make it impossible to repair, thus a new tyre will be needed. And of course, there is room around the spare tyre for those bits you like to keep in the car out of sight.
In hindsight, I would have gone for the spacesaver wheel!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Tyreman,
Good to hear from someone near my neck of the woods, I have Q3 on order since november from East Kent Audi with no confirmation of build date yet. How about you??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi grekab

Ordered from the same dealer as you end of February. Told at time delivery was muted as being early September. Received an email from dealer end of April saying mid July. Surprised you haven't a definite build date after the length of time you have been waiting. Read somewhere that one of the reasons for the high demand is that Audi have to ship Spanish built cars to China to satisfy demand there. That will ease when China has its own production. But that is a while away. Because I gather from Audi Driver magazine that Chinese buy more Audis than even Gemans nowadays.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Morse Man

I will get on the line Monday to order the spare wheel. Not give a build date yet so should be no problem. Thanks for the info.

P.S. At 6ft 2 and my son being 6ft 4 I will watch out for the parcel shelf.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks Tryeman, hopefully I will get some positive info soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think this Chinese demand for Q3s is a bit of a myth. Having spent 2 weeks recently in China I saw no Q3s but lots of A4L A6L Q5 and Q7s. No Q3s in 2 dealer showrooms either.
Having said that, Audis and local style VWs were very common so VW Group is doing something right

1 - 20 of 27 Posts