Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some advice from current owners before I place an order.....I have decided on ice silver, with sat nav, Audi parking plus, folding mirrors, heated seats....if I go for an SE I will add leather sports seats and xenon light package. My dilemma is once I have costed both the SE with options and the s line with options there is only about £300 difference ! What's the general census on the spare wheel at £75?

I really appreciate any input, as I know some forum posters have regretted some options/ wish they had ordered others. Is good to hear from those of you who are already enjoying the car.

Thanks in advance

Mark

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi MarkOnly just ordered mine so can't speak from experience but what swayed me to stay with the SE was that I wanted a more subtle ride that, from a test drive and previous Audi experience, the S Line suspension does not give. Add in £900 for Drive select and Damper Control on an S Line and the gap widens again.RegardsMarkPs I went for the spare wheel for piece of mind, but also as I've opted for Bose speakers where the sub woofer is located under the boot floor, so even without going for the spare wheel I am loosing some boot capacity anyway.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The Spare wheel seems to be a good move for £75 - especially as specifying it later is much more expensive... that said, I have never had cause to use a spare wheel, so maybe it'll just be dead weight in your boot!!

You didn't say what engine you were going for? I have the smallest 140ps, running on standard wheels, and I have found the ride comfort (especially on the Motorway) is superb, it does seem that the S-line demands a certain compromise of that - and you may have read elsewhere on this forumall about the vibration issues of the 177ps with larger wheels on the S-line...

Can't really comment on the sports seats, I only went for the standard ones (heated) and they are certainly comfortable.

Xenon package seemed like a lot of money to me, for just visible appeal, so I invested in lots of other cheaper options instead!

·
Registered
613 Posts
An excellent choice - High MPG, low emissions - can't fault it

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would definitely go for the spare wheel, because if you puncture and can't fix the tyre, it is a relay home. Finally I would also go for the high beam assist. I am told its great at night, unless you like using the dip - fuill beam switch.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have the high beam assist and it is very good it picks up street lights as you enter the area and dips the lights it even picks out lights on push bikes and dips so you do not blind them , then as soon as they raod ahead is dark up ahead it reverts back to main beam instantly , good option of you do a lot of night driving ,

·
Registered
130 Posts
daytona said:
I have the high beam assist and it is very good it picks up street lights as you enter the area and dips the lights it even picks out lights on push bikes and dips so you do not blind them , then as soon as they raod ahead is dark up ahead it reverts back to main beam instantly , good option of you do a lot of night driving ,
+1
its very good

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am now waiting for a resolution with the " vibration issues" before I place an order, so am watching the post with interest.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Folding mirrors. Have to say whay is the point. I expected them to fold on locking as previous car did. I did find that really useful as a check that I'd actually locked the car, when walking away. Doesn't seem possible with the Q3 and I know there's been a previous thread on this. If someone can let me know it's possible, I'd be really grateful!

Comfort pack. Early days but I find it really annoying that you have to switch on the front parking sensors every time, unless they switch on automatically because you select reverse first. On my previous car, they were on all the time, which I personally find far better. So, if anyone can show me how to program this, again I'd be grateful!

Can anyone let me know where the locking wheel nut keys are. From the manual I presume they should be in the tool kit, but mine definately aren't?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi PPS

Locking wheel nut bolt is in the left hand side cubby hole in the boot. It slots into a hole behind the tyre inflation kit for punctures.

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Many thanks prince4142. Now safely located.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Front parking sensors are activated with reverse (automatically) and stay active then up to a certain speed in a forward direction - so will stay active during a parking move

1 - 14 of 14 Posts