Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

interesting reading all the entries on the forum. Recently changed from a BMW 320 coupe to Q3 and very pleased I am too. BMW was a fantastic car but with young family growing up it was getting impractical as it was a 2 door. Also at 9 years olds it was getting a bit worn. Delighted with the Q3. Picked up a TDI Quattro with 157 miles on it as customer who ordered it didn't take it. Lovely to drive. Really practical. Be interesting to see what it is like in an East Yorks winter when the snow arrives. Winter tyres all ordered and switching over mid-November. All good so far.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Having only had mine since June I have no bad-weather experience of the Q3 yet, it'll be interesting to see how it behaves in the comparatively mild winter conditions we get down here in the bottom righthand corner of Cameron Kingdom. I reckon you're doing it right with the winter tyres though.

Interestingly, my brother is currently in the throes of moving from down here, oop north to rural Yorkshire, and is daft enough to think that his FWD Honda Accord Estate car will be fine up there without winter tyres. Silly sod.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gromit,

Would not be without the winter tyres here oop north. Made the deicision to "emmigrate" from balmy Berkshire some years ago. Wife runs a Galaxy and we have fitted winters every year since being here. I'm sold on them now. Lots of fun driving round flash 4x4's with their summer tryes on struggling out in the sticks where we are. Never get stuck even with 2WD.
Your brother will be off to the nearest tyre dealer as soon as he sees a real northern winter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts