Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Every one my name is **** or Arightpest. I have been told i have been one for far to many years.I have just ordered a Q3 and hopefully be collecting the car in march. I am moving from a BMW 120D I really like the car it goes like a train, good on fuel, brilliant 8 speed gearbox and i will miss it dearly but its got to go unfortunately.
The BMW is great but its a bit low for me now. I am having loads of trouble getting out of it. So In comes the Q3 nice and tall and easy access plus i love the look of the car and look forward to getting it. Both cars are from Motability i am having to send the BMW back early due to the access issues. I dove the Q3 today and decided there and then it was for me. Counting the days now.
Am i being brave with theOrange?
So hello to you all from.
Arightpest.

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
Hi **** - welcome to the forum! With a monniker like that something tells me you'll fit in nicely here.

Good for you for going for "Marmite" orange - it's a great colour and there are already a few members here who've gone for it. Look for postings by SamoanJoe. I reckon there are too many Q3s around in safe but boring colours - I only went for Cobalt Blue because it was the only blue available.

Let us know when you collect it and remember to post some pics!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Welcome!
Orange is great (me bias?) brightens up an already great car. And I've noticed it doesn't show the dirt too much this time of year. Win Win

Enjoy!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome Arightpest (like that), the orange is growing on me- I had a 'must have' list for the Q3, and the grey one had said list and then some, so I bought grey!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the welcome. A explanation for the name Arightpest. The name comes from playing Call of duty computer game with my son for far to many hours. When i shot some one it would display on there computer (you have been killed by Arightpest) it made people chuckle.
It also became my email address. I have a bit of fun when company's ask for a email address and to top things it off i live on a canal boat that is called (belly Button). So by the time i have given my address then my email address they think i have lost it. I would have to agree with them.
A three day window left to change spec, i will be brave and stick with the orange because in the end i am Arightpest. Just ask my mum.

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
Stick with it mate - it'll look great. Have a look in the Gallery on this site - you'll find some lovely pics of Samoan Orange Q3.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Welcome Arightpest!
The orange is definitely you by the sound of things, love your address!! After I'd ordered glacier white, my 2 yr old declared in the showroom she wanted the orange one...but there again she wants a pink motorbike and a pink pirate eyepatch! ?

·
Registered
184 Posts
* puffs out chest * - another convert! Glad you are North of Watford though, I wouldn't want my local exclusivity compromised
.Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Stick with orange

I wanted orange but mrs wanted Daytona grey guess which colour we have.

We have a rule I pick the car which I am good at but she picks the colour I am crap at that because I am colour blind

·
Registered
18 Posts
puddy said:
Stick with orange

I've been staying on the German / Netherlands border for the last 5 days and saw just one Q3 - you've guessed it ....... Orange!

On the other hand, perhaps it was the colour that ensured it was seen!

As to OP - I liked the tale behind the username. What other secrets lurk therein - maybe a thread all it's own? Gromit! Kick us off?Edited by: erisaman

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
erisaman said:
- I liked the tale behind the username. What other secrets lurk therein - maybe a thread all it's own? Gromit! Kick us off?
I wish I could, but there's no real story behind my nickname. Gromit's my hero - a real long-suffering English Gentledog who puts up with seventeen sorts of sh*t from Wallace and never says a word, merely expressing his opinions with a mute sigh and a slow shake of his head.

Many years ago I joined an IT forum (I'm an IT consultant engineer) called techcomedy.com and chose Gromit as my nickname - since then I've kept it.

If you're interested, here's a link to the stories I've posted there over the years...
http://www.techcomedy.com/users/submitted_content.php?nick=Gromit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts