Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, thought I would post up a message and introduce myself!
I am picking up my Audi Q3 tomorrow from Teesside Audi who I have to say have been faultless so far!

I have ordered a phantom black Q3
Manual quattro with the 140bhp
19 inch 5 spoke alloys
Privacy glass
Cruise control
Sat Nav (SD version)
Audi Sound System

I am now wishing I added the interior lighting pack and maybe the heated seats, perhaps this is something I could retrofit at a later date! I am getting married in November and just purchased a house otherwise I would of paid the extra for the 177bhp Stronic, having drove both the manual and the Stronic I would recommend anyone with the funds to pay it!

Looking forward to owning my first Audi having previously drove an R32 a BMW 123d and then a BMW 320d coupe! This should at least work well in the snow!

Mike :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hi Mike,
Welcome

You've got a similar car history to me, i came from 2 120D's and a 320D touring! I find the Audi much better finished inside and don't really miss the rwd at all. Well except in the wet and snow where i find the quattro keeps my trousers from going that shade of brown

I agree the S-Tronic is fantastic, the demo i drove had it and i was a bit concerned going for the manual. I needn't have, the gearchange is really slick and the gearing is interesting. I mean 5th at 30 and 6th at 40 good so you can drive in pretty much any gear

Oh and there's no vibration through the stick either like there was in the bmw's, I also would have liked to have gone for the higher powered s-tronic model but i have my budget and stuck to it. Maybe next time though

Not too sure about retro fitting stuff, can be expensive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I completely agree, the manual gearbox is similar to my previous 1 series it's a nice short punchy shift and I'm glad to hear you have experienced no vibration this was very noticeable on my 1 series once it was around 6 months old.

I am now looking forward to picking the car up tomorrow then getting a full detail at the weekend, opting for the new nanolex sealant which is really durable! A nice paste wax on top should really set off the paint!

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts