Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all ! i am picking up my new (to me, 61 plate) q3se s-tronic tdi this saturday

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hi and welcome

Just a few sleepless night for you then

I would say remember to put some pictures up but i stillhaven'tsoI'llkeep quiet

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
thats another day gone soooon be saturday hope you enjoy your Q3

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Daytona!!
can't wait to pick up. i am currently scouring this forum for something on the q3 i am buying that is puzzling me perhaps you could help? there is a button directly before the p parking button with an A on it , do you know what it is for? i am sure all will be explained on the handover on saturday , but would be nice to know beforehand

·
Registered
201 Posts
Congratulations and roll on Saturday!

·
Registered
111 Posts
STEVIANK said:
thanks Daytona!!
  can't wait to pick up. i am currently scouring this forum for something on the q3 i am buying that is puzzling me perhaps you could help? there is a button directly before the p parking button with an A on it , do you know what it is for? i am sure all will be explained on the handover on saturday , but would be nice to know beforehand
It's to turn the stop/start off if you don't want to use it.
Mine is on all the time and I think it is an automatic choice when you start the car. The A button will turn the function off but you will probably have to press the button every time you start the car. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
111 Posts
As Kew said, it's to turn the start/stop off. It doesn't remain off all the time so it is a button to be pressed on start up if you do not wish the start/stop function to work.
I'm just about getting used to it ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
STEVIANK said:
thanks Daytona!!
if its right behind the handbrake switch its the auto hill hold function ,the stop/ start button is on the dash console .if you got into the Q£ gallery page 3 and look at my photo's daytona's phantom black there is a picture of both the switches , is this the one you mean ??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if its right behind the handbrake switch its the auto hill hold function ,
the stop/ start button is on the dash console .
if you got into the Q£ gallery page 3 and look at my photo's daytona's phantom black there is a picture of both the switches , is this the one you mean ??[/QUOTE]

thanks daytona mine is the exact setup as your first picture, so its an auto hill hold button? how does that work , in my prevoius cars i usually had to keep my foot on the brake a bit longer to give me 2 seconds to pull away on a hill, but then isn't the brake button gonna do the same job most of the time?
looks like we have pretty similar setup vehicles , so i apologise now for all my questions that will be coming your way

·
Registered
264 Posts
if you leave it on all the time it just stops you rolling back on hills or creeping forward in traffic until you press the accelerator , no problems about all the questions thats what the forum is all about , another 3 weeks and mine is 12 months old , still love driving it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
many thanks Daytona mine will also be 12months old in December

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Still a baby

How are you celebrating the 1st birthday, nice drive in the country or a quiet night in Daytona?

I don't have auto hold but i did notice when i put the handbrake on at the lights etc it comes off itself which is good. Should really be called the fingerbrake now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts