Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
argic said:
How's everyone coping with the heat generated through the glass panoramic roof?
Just open it

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
The very reason I avoided one - I don't like baking my brain as I drive. It's been a pleasure this last few days to get out of the sun, into the car, hit the aircon and CHILL.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just fine :) There is a full length motorised blind underneath the panoramic glass, works a treat to prevent my bonce being boiled.Edited by: Contrition

·
Registered
31 Posts
I always close the blind when parking in this heat and then leave the blind closed but open the roof when travelling. Anything above 40 mph and there's too much noise anyway. I also get nervous about visits from seagulls (leather seats would have been better!).

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wanted the sunroof but the dealer told me it's not a good choice in Japan because the blind will not be adequate to minimize the intense summer heat.

·
Registered
201 Posts
How hot does it be one where you are? We are in the middle of a mini heatwave in the Uk at the moment, 27-31c in London. The air con seems to cool the car down quickly and I always park with the blind closed to reduce the heat build up.

On balance for me the sun roof is a definite plus currently but I don't know how it would be if I was driving in 35 or even 40 degrees.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Temperature in Japan reaches up to 38-39C. With high humidity, it is unbearable outside.

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiNo problems here, the blind does a good job.I love my roof, it cost a lot of money but I would spec it again on my next car.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Del said:
HiNo problems here, the blind does a good job.I love my roof, it cost a lot of money but I would spec it again on my next car.
Me too

·
Registered
100 Posts
Glass roof a must for me , and lets not get carried away with our last few days of very nice sunshine , it won't last to long but my sunroof will . It's the light you get from it all year long . Expensive but brilliant extra

·
Registered
518 Posts
As well as closing the electric sun blind, I also leave the roof tilted open. This gets rid of some of the heat build up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts