Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Q3 S Line STronic - spec'd with headlight washer system. How do I activate the headlight washer system (I really want to check that the system has indeed been installed!)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Think you have to make sure lights are on then pull back on wiper stalk to wash windscreen, note that it doesn't wash lights every time you may have to repeat several times, you will see the spray over front off bonnet

·
Registered
266 Posts
Congrats on your new ride!
The headlight washers work every 3 or 4 pulls of the windscreen washer lever provided that the light switch is in the "Auto" position, so basically every 3 or 4 washes of the windscreen the lights get washed also. There really isn't a way of knowing if and when they work except having a buddy stand in front of the car or you might sometimes see some splash coming over the bonnet when they work

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a superb facility this forum is!!! No enquiry seems too daft. If you don't ask......
Looks like I'm going to get through a great deal of washer fluid giving this a go tomorrow - if the rain ever stops!!
Many thanks desert_trvir

·
Registered
738 Posts
However if you spec'd the LED headlights you may not have the washer system. LED Headlights were standard on my RSQ3 but there is no washer system fitted, nor was it an option.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi everybodyThe 2016 model year brochure (2.0 04/15) lists LED headlights and 'cleaning system' as standard equipment on the S Line and S line Plus models.My Q3 is fitted with the washers , I don't think that the switch has to be in the 'Auto' position but I believe that (at least on mine)theheadlightshave to be on 'Dipped' for the washers to work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Operate the windscreen washers as normal and if the headlights are turned on in any mode, the headlight washers will activate. When I use mine I always notice spray coming over and around the front of the car.

Fenders

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've just noticed that it is not enough that the light switch is in the "auto" or _"dimmed" positon - the lights actually have to be shining before the headlight washer works. My experience at this stage is very limited though - I could be talking rubbish!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Eddie,
The lights have to be on (in my car anyway). On an unlit road at night you will notice the light beam reduce as the water hits the lens at other times you'll just see water spraying up on the bonnet.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have a November 2017 Q3 with LED headlights and headlamp washers. The main beam or full beam must be on to activate the headlamp washers. These are activated every four times that the windscreen washers are activated. If the side lights or driving lights are on only then the headlamp washers will not work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts