Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this may seem like a stupid question, but I'm going for it anyway. I assume my 2013 Audi SLine has xenon headlights? One of them has gone a very dull colour (instead of bright white) so I need to replace it. But I can't find anywhere to tell me that it is definitely a xenon bulb. I thought my manual would tell me, but it doesnt. Anyone know how I can find out for certain?
Does anyone know if an 'Osram D3S Xenarc Original Xenon HID' would be the right replacement? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,777 Posts
The guys at Powerbulbs will be worth a chat to if in any doubt - good supplier, great prices.

Reactions: craig22

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I have a 2013 sales brochure and it shows Xenon Plus headlights are standard fit on S-Line models.
The Osram D3S bulb sounds about right as a good match for the originals but as Gromit says, check with Powerbulbs to confirm it's the most appropriate choice.
Although the bulbs can be replaced in situ, it's easier to remove the headlamp for better access.
Ignition off and key removed for a few minutes to ensure the ballasts are discharged
Youtube shows how it's done -

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
341 Posts
As Spike and the video say, it is a quick and easy job to remove the headlight assembly. Once out you can easily check to confirm the bulb type before purchasing a new one.

Reactions: craig22
1 - 4 of 4 Posts