Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2.0 tdi diesel s line stronic quattro (140) on order, but although I did a test drive, I'm starting to have doubts

I only do around 10k miles a year and so many people say diesels are the most popular and better than they use to be. But though I might get extra mpg, I am concerned about performance and noise of the diesel and then I read reviews that the Q3 is a very firm ride, that'll shake your tooth fillings!
I love the look of the car and think I have a good deal from the Audi centre..maybe I'm just worrying too much instead of lookign forward to driving it!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Johnny,I can'tsay I haven't had any issues or am disappointed at all. I only do very few miles a year so don't benefit from the MPG, but the comfort of the ride and the performance I can't fault.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Johnny. I have a 2.0 TDI Stronic Quattro.The ride is superb, the diesel noise is no different from a petrol. I do less than 10000miles a year. The benefits of diesel, aside from fuel economy, are much higher torque, which gives the impression of better acceleration, as well as probable higher resale value (inasmuch as diesels usually hold their value better).I would 1000% commend the car you have chosen. The ride is superb, but if you upgrade to either the 19" wheels, and/or the sports suspension, the ride will deteriorate. Go for it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
We have replaced our cars with 2 new Audis. The Q3 is a good riding comfortable car even with the s- line suspension. The A5 convertible is, on the other hand, considerably harder riding.

My previous car was a range rover tdv8 vogue and the q3 is not in the same league in terms of ride comfort but is very good.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Don't believe all you read - the SE, on 17" wheels and standard suspension rides very smoothly - and the diesel is a smooth as any I've ever owned... I'm nearly 30k miles into my 12 month old Q3!

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
Agreed - I also have an SE on standard 17" wheels and the ride is excellent in all respects. I believe that the S-Line suspension kills the ride quality and with non-standard wheels the bigger you go the harder the ride. Although mine's a petrol, I test-drove a diesel and it is quieter and smoother than the diesel engined Jaguar XF, which says it all, really.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh dear. The car I am waiting for is an S Line on 18 off road it is dealer pre spec. So I assume it has the lowered suspension ??!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
JohnnyG said:
Oh dear. The car I am waiting for is an S Line on 18 off road it is dealer pre spec. So I assume it has the lowered suspension ??!!
HiOnly if the dealer has added the lower suspension otherwise it will be the standard suspension that comes across the range.

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
Nah, you should be OK. I can't see a dealer ordering a pre spec. including the lowered suspension, especially with 18" off-road wheels. It would be a very odd combination and a ******* to sell.

With standard suspension the 18" wheels should still give you a great ride. The ride gets firmer with lower profile tyres and lowered suspension but there are plenty of people on this forum running 18" wheels on standard bouncybits and they're perfectly happy with the ride. I'm sure you'll see some of them posting to confirm just that, so relax - OK?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts