Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
7 or eight months ago the dealers were nursing unregistered vehicle stocks to the point of discounting circa £60k RSQ3s to the tune of £6-10k, the country was in another lockdown and business was patchy for most of them...it is a niche vehicle with running costs not normally associated with a compact SUV so not exactly a surprise.

Since purchasing the current vehicle, and as one does, I have been taking an interest in new and used prices because previously the the 8U model depreciated at an alarming rate from new for the 1st couple of years and I honestly expected the current F3 to do the same. If the F3 RS had tracked the same depreciation curve as the 8U then a loaded 18 month old F3 would be in the high thirties now and yet you'd need another £10-15k for one today.

It is noticeable that the slide in prices has halted and actually seems to be rising, the heavy discounts have disappeared and now used vehicles are commanding the kind of numbers that would have bought a new unregistered car in October 2020.

I have to assume that the decline in new car deliveries due to supply chain issues for electronic components is moving unsold new vehicle inventory towards the 'asset' end and away from being a liability because you can only sell a new vehicle once and that's having a knock on effect with newer low mileage used cars - they are in short supply.

We are still living in curious times.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The dealer i bought our car from at the end of may said they simply had no stock for the forecourts and decent spec models were hard to come by and causing a rise in prices. I presume stiffer residuals are also the case on newer models too. I think with lockdown and lack of ability to holiday in the same way as days gone by, people are investing in other parts of their life, upgrading their homes and cars.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
The px offer for my Q3 was a bit higher than I expected from an Audi dealer and the 8U RS prices are around the same as they were around a year ago, when I first started lusting.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yep, my 7yr old 8U has breached the 20k bracket once more when looking on WBAC trade in... I think it's increased by at least 700 quid since I last looked. Clearly the shortage in chips for new builds is having a knock on now. I also think that hire car companies are hanging onto their stock for longer as they simply can't get the stock to refresh meaning less are being released into the used sector.

The sport edition F3 which is the model I'm most interested is now stuck in the £55k bracket when a few months back you could have bagged one or two late £40's...

If I was selling private, I probably would have lost 2k in value to what I bought 2 years ago... Not bad at all

Reactions: RSQ3John and TheJam

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
381 Posts
A mate of mine has just traded in his 2015 SQ5 for a 2017 Macan S.
When he first started looking at replacements a few months ago wbac quoted him £18700, 2 weeks after he traded it they offered him £21k
A similar thing is happening to my work colleague who has a really nice 2016 Tiguan, the price has gone up at least £1.5k in the last 2 months

Reactions: RSQ3John

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah I’ve been offered 2.5k under what I paid for my RSQ3 vorsprung brand new in sept. Hopefully prices stay up until I sell it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
So, WBAC just emailed me to say "your price has increased" since our last valuation 8 days ago... Took the liberty of checking... Gone up another 700 quid 😂

Get that car bought David, before they increase the purchase price on you :p

Reactions: DavidS

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just checked mine...less than £2.5k from what I paid for it new in October 2020, that's crazy based on historical (horrendous) depreciation for the model.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
So, WBAC just emailed me to say "your price has increased" since our last valuation 8 days ago... Took the liberty of checking... Gone up another 700 quid 😂

Get that car bought David, before they increase the purchase price on you :p
They are carrying out the service work at the moment. The leather guy is going in on Tuesday.
Thursday would be great for delivery as it’s my insurance renewal day so I could do my number plate change and ‘renew’ on the same day. The retention certificate came on Saturday so everything is ready…except my old plates just have Audi Q3 on them. Maybe I could add in RS with a permanent felt pen?
I have already distance signed the contract and paid a £500 deposit so everything should be firm and fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts