Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few months of the winter freeze
, i've been having a bit of trouble with the passenger door not shutting, just banging too and bouncing open again, one night literally had to drive with my wife holding the door shut ( very tempting to take a sharp right handed corner I might add
) A bit of warm water down the door and all was ok again, then a week later and the day afterwashing the car, the passenger door wouldnt open from the outside only by the handle inside and also the reardrivers sidewindow wouldnt wind down with the key fob, butnowits warming up at last all seems to be ok again. Its off to the jolly old Audi chaps for a checkover soon, so be on your guard for this problem peeeps.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hope Audi repairs your passenger door soon. This is a safety issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well its gone in for a checkup/ diagnostic check, so lets see what the lads come up with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would be interested to learn what Audi found because today I experienced a similar issue with the rear doors ... We had just parked up after being out in the rain and we both got out of the car so both front door were open and engine off. We had shopping in the rear but the rear doors would not open. After fiddling around with the key fob on the unlock button we heard the click and the doors became unlocked.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Stux,
Just a quick one and sorry if if I am teaching grandmothers to suck eggs. What are your MMI settings for door unlocking? all 4 or just the drivers door. If the latter, you need to press twice to unlock the other three.
This was how my q3 arrived and I had to change it to my preference to opening all 4 doors on one click. Which was a lot easier than my wife's EOS where for reasons known only to VW, the dealer had to make the change.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No that's fine billf. Comments appreciated.
Yes I am aware of the double key press as it was the same on my A4.
My settings are just to unlock the drivers door when only pressing once but in this incident we were coming back from shopping. Thus my wife was in the car front passenger seat. After switching off the engine we both got out of the car and then went to open the rear door and it was locked. So I'm just wondering if rain is affecting something so tomorrow as it's bound to be pouring down again I'm going out in the rain and then make a proper assessment if the same things happen.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greetings, sorry for the late posting, Stux, mine was just the frontpassenger door not opening from the outside but would from the inside all the other doors were ok,anyway Audi replaced the door lock and a cable?? not sure if that was mechanical or electrical but anyway they assured me all was ok now, so lets see what happens ehh!! Seems strange yours sounds as if its water related as well, keep us informed of the outcome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi

we went out this morning to try to replicate the perceived issue and of course all was fine. It wasn't raining though. So each time we get out of the car from now on I'll make a point of trying to open the rear doors - how sad is this!

Anyway because I have an issue with the 12v outlet on the centre console not working I'm going to report both issues to Audi next week as I want to make sure they will have a record of the 'door' problem in case it re-surfaces in the future.

I logged my issue with the 12v outlets on this forum and did testing today with their supplied tyre pump. It didn't work on the 12v outlet but did work on the *** ash outlet on the centre console. I tried with the key in the three positions: OFF, ON, Engine running.

From inspection of their supplied tyre pump their plug is far shorter that what I have on my mobile phone charger and existing tyre pump. Both though work on the *** lighter. I suspect that they won't work on the 12v outlet even when Audi get it working because my two plugs (phone + tyre) are longer and will not make a good connection - we'll see tho. Obviously not a big issue but if one aspect of electrics doesn't work .......

cheers - keith

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
It seems I too have developed a similar issue where the front passenger door does not open from outside for some reason. Opens ok from inside. Seems this is a common issue according to this forum.
The passenger door is hardly used, so it is strange why it has gone faulty so soon while it is still under warranty.
I have written to Audi and now waiting for them to come back on this one.
Quattro...

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
quattro said:
Hi,
It seems I too have developed a similar issue where the front passenger door does not open from outside for some reason. Opens ok from inside. Seems this is a common issue according to this forum.
The passenger door is hardly used, so it is strange why it has gone faulty so soon while it is still under warranty.
I have written to Audi and now waiting for them to come back on this one.
Quattro...
Have you tried with pushing the 'open' button twice?

Edited by: audidriver4ever

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
Thank you for your comments. In fact this is not a remote control (Key fob) issue. All the doors open when I just press the open button on the key fob. It's only the front passenger side that does not open from inside.
The handle feels loose not like other handles, it seems something must be broken inside.
Regards,
Quattro...

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I believe they are cable operated, so maybe its come adrift or even snapped!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi All I had this last year. The cable that operates the door handle to the lock assy distorts. It is a known issue & the dealer will replace under warranty. There is a TPI for this issue. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi All Found it
TPI numbers is 2019877/18. </font>Both front door cables are replaced under this TPI.</font>

·
Registered
21 Posts
My q has developed this same problem with passenger door not opening from outside, seems to be a reaccuring problem, has anyone approached Audi on this, or is it pay out time, have seen the TPI number ,and that they change parts in both doors etc
Thanks to all
Happy Xmas

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Fingers, buttons, levers..........they should never meet, nothing but trouble

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
There seems to be a few of these "locking problems" I had a little issue covered in another thread but there seems to be a problem with a good number of Q3's.

·
Registered
594 Posts
miagi said:
My q has developed this same problem with passenger door not opening from outside, seems to be a reaccuring problem, has anyone approached Audi on this, or is it pay out time, have seen the TPI number ,and that they change parts in both doors etc
Thanks to all
Happy Xmas
I have a problem which is still ongoing. Audi have failed to fix the problem so far. See pages 2 -4 of this thread:
http://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forum/central-locking-dilemma_topic3103_page2.html

1 - 19 of 19 Posts