Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem like I just had today,
Parked in Sainsburys car park, tried to leave and thehandbreak would not release, So I called Audi Assist and they found the left hand connector had broke, Most strange as to how it happened, 3 hours later I got to leave.The really frustrating part of this was having shoppers laughing,
The typical haha a new car that doesn't work.

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Sorry you've had a problem - that's a new one on me. Glad you were sorted out so quickly though.

That's the problem with going to Sainsburys - if you'd gone to Waitrose the shoppers would have been too well-mannered to laugh.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Gromit said:
That's the problem with going to Sainsburys - if you'd gone to Waitrose the shoppers would have been too well-mannered to laugh.
Could have been worse, could have been at Lidl

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
That's no good, glad you got it sorted there and then instead of the embarasment of towing it away

I do worry about the long term issues with electronic handbrake's, maybe i'm getting older but i still prefer something to yank on

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree reilsab still find the button handbreak strange. Car is going in this Wednesday one to have the work checked and two to have a new set of wheel nuts, this is because I didn't have a locking wheelnut when he took the rear wheel off, so now have to have a new set :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wilma been driving new Q3 for couple of weeks now & I'm having same problem, but only using reverse gear. Automatic handbrake releases ok in forward gears. Have you resolved your problem ?

·
Registered
275 Posts
No handbrake.

That's just how I roll.

Sorry, bad joke.

I have no actual issues with the parking break but it does confuse me sometimes, I understand on start up I have to put foot on the break and then press the button to release, then once going I can "drive through" the handbrake, but now and again, usually an upward incline, it won't allow me to drive through it, I ave assumed that was normal or a safety feature, but this thread has concerned me to a future prob.

Is this normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had issues driving off on an incline also. I just click off handbrake manually. Beginning to think this type of technology is just far too clever for its own good.
The saving grace is that the car in general is simply superb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts