Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone to the salesman I ordered the car from.
I had spoken to him earlier regarding some information i found on here regarding the Audi Towing electrics not recharging the caravan battery or powering the fridge when in transit.
He had made some enquiries and called me back to confirm this was correct, there was a solution he said,they could supply and fit a wiring loom when the car arrived from the factory, the cost, £150!!!
I was a little pi**ed at this and asked him if they could supply it free of charge,after all, this is a standard 13 pin electrical connector in this country and as i was paying nearly £38,000 for the car i thought this was the least they could do. The response............It should really cost £158 and as we have to pay to have it fitted it would not be supplied FOC!!
Now my question is this!!
As I have paid a deposit (£2,200) on Thursday just gone, can I still legally cancel the order and get my deposit back?I know this sounds a bit drastic but this really has made my blood boil,after all, there are other Audi dealerships out there and the build date isn't until week 3 next year.
Any advise would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It really depends on the deal you got when you ordered the car. Did you get a discount or some freebies? You really have to weigh it up but if you didn't get much of a deal when you ordered and they want to charge you for this, I would ring round a few dealers in the area and see what they can offer. Have a look at www.orangewheels.co.uk too!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Maybe Citizens Advice first before you do anything? Worth going in with your paperwork and see what they advise. For the lead time on delivery I totally agree, it's a shocker but it will add to the value of your car at trade in, the Q3 was listed 7 I think in the 10 best cars for depreciation over 3 years in the Sunday Times motoring section this weekend, partly due to the continued waiting list.

Finally, I waited 8 months from order to delivery and pushed that to 9 to make a September reg. My girlfriend drives the car most of the time but I have to say that it's one of the best if not the best all rounder I've ever driven. I was driving a 2012 5 series estate to move something bulky on Saturday and a 2011 Range Rover Sport that I borrowed on Sunday from a friend that cost a fortune to fill up. Of the 3 I have to say for a car to live with all the time I would go for the Q3.

Good luck, your dealer is being very short sighted!

Stick with it and if you can get out of the current contract because it's not what you wanted try Drivethedeal and a few others for best price. They deliver to your door and bid against each other on your order.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I decided £500 was all i was going to given them when i ordered, they wanted more but with a 4 month wait ahead of me i declined. Did you discuss the issue over the phone or face to face? Salesmen love trying it on over the phone. Head down the dealership, stay calm and make yourself heard in the showroom. Perhaps then they will start seeing things your way

You're spending a huge sum of money here so you need to be happy with the deal or you'll always have that reminder in the back of your head everytime you drive it. Good luck

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A quick update, spoke to the dealership today, told them if they didnt supply and fit the wiring loom free of charge i was going to cancel the order and go elsewhere,I got a call back about 20 minutes later and they said 'as a gesture of goodwill' they will supply and fit FOC
So thanks to everyone that posted here,by the way, if you ordered a new vehicle and it hasn't gone to build, as long as the dealership hasn't paid out any money for anything then you are quite entitled to a full refund of your deposit.
Garry

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Good result Gary

You should never have had to push them to get the result but job done and you can now look forward to your new motor...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well done. You must stand up to the Dealers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts