Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if others have tried it yet - and it has taken 8 months but (despite a failure with iphones not allowing remote sim access and not being able to use a sep sim and maintian a bluetooth connection (big failure on the MMI which audi need to address) i have now made the google earth navigation work and have to say it is really good and very clear with a 3g signal! challenge for next 8 months is the wifi hotspot!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
apologies - should be Google earth in the subject and not Goole earth -which would be very specific to one East Yorkshire town! :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had it working with a sim in the dash but haven't been a me to do it via Bluetooth to my iPhone 5. Apples recent os update also withdrew support for Bluetooth v1.3 which did away with my live traffic updates.

Are you connecting via cable to the mmi, I'd also love some tips if you have any?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I had an enormous amount of trouble to get Google earth to work, but eventually the problem was cured via a software update.First of all, your phone must have a sim access profile facility. Most new Samsung phones (mine is a Galaxy Note 2) have this. Apparently the IPhone does NOT have this, so basically, you cannot get Google earth and other online services via Bluetooth from your iphone, and will need to use the separate SIM ( a real pain). Check this linkhttps://discussions.apple.com/thread/4987880?start=0&tstart=0Next, is the option to select google earth greyed out? Then check belowIn general, I suggest you try the following sequence first.1 Are you getting the online icon at the bottom left of the MMI screen?2 If yes, can you get traffic info on the map (via the same menu where you select google earth)?3 If you can get traffic info, but not google earth, then you need a software update (this is the situation that I had)4 If you are not getting the online icon, then check whether the Bluetooth connection is via Car phone and not Hands Free (go into the Bluetooth menu from phone settings, go to bonded devices, click on your phone, and a submenu will pop up. If it does not show "car phone" as an option, then you cannot get online/google earth via Bluetooth. If it does show "car phone" then select this, go back to the map screen, wait a minute or so until the online icon comes on the bottom left of the screen, and all should be ok.Hope this works, but as I said, it appears the iphone is incapable of being used to provide online services (including google earth) via Bluetooth, but I am only relying on online forum posts for this info, so may be wrong/obsolete.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks rontheman, this ties in with my current understanding other than the software update which is good to know. I'm wondering if a direct connection via cable would make a difference but from what you have reported the no sim access profile may stop me there.

I know in the latest iOS update Apple stopped supporting Bluetooth 1.3 which is what Audi use and now only support 1.4. That out an end to the traffic updates via my phone, happily Waze works a treat instead but it's annoying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts